F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yes, it will effectively wash the valves and prevent carbon buildup over time. Port fuel injection on the Gen 2 engines also helps negate carbon buildup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
78 Posts
It will help, some, but not nearly as much as manual cleaning. For this reason I'm doing my own walnut blasting the weekend following Easter.

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Skeptical! I have 112K miles on my ‘14, still runs great, still hauls the freight so lm not feeling the need. Is this an OCD thing? If so I then understand.

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I used the CRC with the valves closed, one cylinder at a time. Brushed it with a nylon gun cleaning brush, then sucked off the carbon filled liquid. This method got about 95% of the deposits. At first it seemed to have slightly better fuel economy, maybe a 1-2 MPG increase, but that has since evaporated a few years later. I haven't had the time to check and see if there's much buildup since the cleaning. I run a catch can, but have a stock tune.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
How does it work ?
The CRC stuff in the can is designed to be sprayed in the intake while you rev the motor. The fear many have posted about doing this is if you have a lot of buildup, you could knock a chunk of built up carbon loose that hasn't had time to dissolve. This chunk will then be passed into the cylinder (not good) and later possibly pushed through your turbo impeller and well, you know how those things go. According to the company, this is perfectly safe to use on our trucks, but YMMV. They claim it will "Dissolve" not dislodge. After using it, I must say it does dissolve carbon well, however I used it in a non-conventional, not advertised manner.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco
1 - 12 of 12 Posts