F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I did pull the valve cover to -AN adapters and found the passenger side full of oil, while the drivers side I could only see black plastic no oil. Does that hint towards anything or par for the course?
I'd like to know too because that seems an awful lot like my valve covers. Went to put on my upr -10 an pcv adapters and saw the passenger side full of oil too. Maybe that's what my smoking is about

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
@RMB_Ryan I would like to know too because I'm having the same issue as @BRoell and if this will stop my smoking I need to know

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Only pass side turbo smoking ehh? If so it’s the crank coming around with the counterweight causing the oil drain to be restricted. Driver side is the opposite so shouldn’t smoke.
Turbo isn't smoking at all. We've established this in my thread. Do you mean to tell me @BRoell turbo is smoking too and his crank counterweights are doing the same thing? Then what are you going to do about warranting that? It's a manufacturer defect.

Here's a picture of the logs tonight.
You can see the exhaust valve is pulsing. The pull is a WOT and the intake valves is opening and closing at a rate the power is coming on. The exhaust is pulsing like the cam isn't opening and closing properly. To me it sounds like it's either the springs are too stiff or the vct clogged. I couldn't imagine a valve dropped.

Here's my valve covers under the pcv. The driver I can see plastic and is relatively dry. The passenger is coated in oil which I don't think is supposed to happen.

Driver

Passenger

It's tough to see from the picture but I promise you the passenger side is full of oil.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is the PCV side(11-12 trucks) is located at the lower portion of the valve cover baffling. That will cause pooling to be visible.

The CCV side is higher up on the valve cover so you will most likely not see pooling at all.

Cool that makes me feel way better about that then that narrows it down to the vct system

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Not sure about broell. It is only something I noticed on my build. We would worry about warranting a turbo if a customer contacts us. None have not so we make the turbos. We will send any turbo in for manufacturer repair if a customer wants, but 9/10 times it isn’t a turbo. These springs are designed around a spintron which they have been run on many times. We know exactly what valve control they have. Far from too stiff. I would check with your installing shop had anything weird happen or hooked up backwards when they first fired your truck. We didn’t perform this, but worth an ask.
Interesting since you had the truck for A YEAR after your recommended installer screwed up the install and already know all about it. I mean you wanted me to sue them for messing it up. Why didn't you warranty the turbo for me then? You can clearly see in the logs the exhaust valve is messed up. Do you know how to read a datalog? Honest question.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
What is your back pressure. Sounds like you have a good bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you read your posts after you make them or is it a copy paste from a word document?

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
On paper, yes that side would suck up more.

The passenger side valve cover is slightly more baffling than the driver side. But each valve cover has holes that drain-back.

The amount of oil you suck up also depends on how restrictive the turbo inlet is. But I imagine with yours and @sleipnir build, they are not restrictive at all.
I can promise you my turbo inlet and outlet are way bigger than what they first were and it's still bellows smoke 😅

Reactions: SrpRacing
1 - 7 of 7 Posts