F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 · (Edited)
@RMB_Ryan
2 black and 2 white solenoids, like current? Or are there blue ones or something that are updated?

Are you speculating the solenoids are receiving a weak voltage signal from the harness? Or they react poorly when seeing a 0.5V signal?

Its very odd to me that intake and exhaust both dump to 0*, Repeatedly and consistently on every single WOT pull. And always right at either 5200rpm or 5600rpm

@RMB_Ryan
2 black and 2 white solenoids, like current? Or are there blue ones or something that are updated?

Are you speculating the solenoids are receiving a weak voltage signal from the harness? Or they react poorly when seeing a 0.5V signal?

Its very odd to me that intake and exhaust both dump to 0*, Repeatedly and consistently on every single WOT pull. And always right at either 5200rpm or 5600rpm
Your year is two black and two white. Very hard to diagnose without having ids hooked up to the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Wellp... new solenoids didn't resolve the issue, but it may have had an impact. Waiting for input on my datalogs to confirm or deny what my amateur eyes see.

Most of the WOT logs it looks like airflow chokes up around 5600rpm. Then wastegates adjust and boost rises, but not enough to restore airflow. HPFP actual drops form 2400 to 2000psi.
VCT intake and exhaust both flash to 0* at about 6000rpm
6200rpm airflow recovers, then 6300rpm the VCT timing recovers.

Still getting a lot of oil from the blow off valve, still not getting much oil at all in the catch can, still feels laggy then an exaggerated punch, still makes (phaser?) noise on cold starts and randomly at idle/ low revs.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.