F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 F150 3.5 ecoboost, 4x4, 157” wheelbase
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody run this brand of tire? I am looking at the terra hunter xt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They look kind of cool. XT- looks like BFG KO or General Grabber ATX.
RT looks exactly like Toyo Open country RT.

Surprisingly
Venom RT is rather light for an LT( 275/6518 ) at 48lbs. ( load range F ) wow.
XT was a little on the heavy side, but 1 size up too.

I don't personally think I would ever purchase them, but they don't look bad. Maybe someone that owns it will chime in.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,448 Posts
I’m not touching cheap tires that claim to be F rated.

Reactions: ndtguy

·
Registered
2016 F150 3.5 ecoboost, 4x4, 157” wheelbase
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the honest advice. Do you guys know how the the f150 likes the duratrac tires?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you guys for the honest advice. Do you guys know how the the f150 likes the duratrac tires?
^ on my Jeep they are great, little humm. They are my short list when it comes time to replace my tires.
Only thing I have heard which is not uncommon for GY tires is they wear quickly.
Look up on here tires and what type you are looking for.

I do not TOW, no need for an LT - tire. Duratracs come is a lot of sizes, and non-LT.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,448 Posts
^ on my Jeep they are great, little humm. They are my short list when it comes time to replace my tires.
Only thing I have heard which is not uncommon for GY tires is they wear quickly.
Look up on here tires and what type you are looking for.

I do not TOW, no need for an LT - tire. Duratracs come is a lot of sizes, and non-LT.
Towing isn’t the only reason for LT tires. Offroading, hauling heavy in the bed, live on a gravel road, etc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Towing isn’t the only reason for LT tires. Offroading, hauling heavy in the bed, live on a gravel road, etc
^ I haul stuff too, not of often enough to add the extra Weight of the LT tire. Off-road with work nearly daily and never had issues with P- All-terrain tires
Terra G2 -
Ridge Grapplers (current tire )
Duratracs all in the past.

Not saying just for towing, sorry. but mostly an LT is overkill for most. Since I have had my F150 6+ years and Ranger FX4 prior. I personally don't need an LT tire. Also, I am going to give up the power being tuned and/or any additional fuel mileage.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
I was on my second set of Duratracs when I bought
my Raptor takeoffs. The duratracs a very good in the snow and i thought they were a little quieter than the KO2’s that replaced them.

They downside is that they seem to be a little softer. My KO2’s seem to be a more stable on dry pavement and more responsive. And thats going from a 33 or a 20” wheel to a 35 on a 17” wheel, so WAY more sidewall.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
115 Posts
Running DuraTracs for a 1.5 yrs now, 33” LTs on 18”s.

Best tire I’ve ever ran off road and in snow.

But sloppiest on the highway. Lateral grip is oddly good, but it’s very squirmy, as if all 4 ball joints are shot to death AND trucks out of alignment. Which I thought was indeed the case initially.

Much better handling at 50+ psi at the expense of ride quality. Though it’s the only LT I’ve run on this particular truck so can’t compare the ride.

Surprisingly not too noisy imho though, and really great wear so far (10k miles - stupid pandemic put kiabosh on a lot of driving).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had Duratracs, and they did perform well in the mud, dirt and snow. Their tread design is a hybrid all-terrain/mud-terrain. The Nitto ridge grappler falls in the same category also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts