F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I’ve posted, mainly because everything has been going well….till today.

Only change has been that the truck now has 105K mi

I went to pass someone, pressed the gas and blew by him. When I let my foot off the gas I got the usual woosh of my BOV and then the truck started shaking. CEL began flashing. I began looking for a spot to pull over and after 30-40 sec the engine smoothed out and the CEL went away. Drove fine after that.

Got home and hooked up Forscan and I had misfire codes for cylinders 1 & 6. I cleared the codes and took the truck out for another ride.

Driving normally had no problems..as soon as I gave it enough gas to push the boost up..CEL flashing again…disappeared and smoothed out after 20-30 seconds. Hooked up Forscan again and this time says Cyl 1 misfire.

Friend of mine said to check the spark plugs for cracks? They only have about 40K miles on them, OEM ford plugs.

Just looking for anyone who may have had same/similar issues?

PS I am using aftermarket coil packs..I’ve heard they can be the cause of a lot of problems? I’ve ordered 6 new OEM coil packs.

I think you’re going in the right direction with Ford coil packs. Go ahead and change the plugs too.

Reactions: stereotype one
Edit: hit submit too slow.

I'm just going to say it before anyone else.
Put oem coil packs back on it before chasing the rabbit.
Yea, they co$t. But they are worth it according to many folks
Lol. Want me to delete my post? 🤠

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I think you’re going in the right direction with Ford coil packs. Go ahead and change the plugs too.
Yeah, just ordered 6 new OEM coil packs (DG549) and the newest plugs (SP580X) from RockAuto…$450 shipped. o_O

Dealer wanted $118 EACH for the same coil packs

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Well, It must have been the aftermarket coil packs. I checked all the plugs and they looked fine. No carbon tracking or signs of cracks. The electrodes looked fine for 30k mi. I replaced them anyway. After buttoning it all up, cleared the codes and took it out for a nice spirited run. No more issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.