F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a '16 3.5L, and I seem to be getting some pretty rough vibration at speeds of 80 MPH or higher. Any ideas on the cause for this issue, or is this a common occurrence with F-150s? Thank you

·
Registered
728 Posts
Lots of variables to work through. Which tires/wheels you have. Being a 16 - sitting on the lot and flat spotted tire(s). Tire pressure. Whether they need to be re-balanced. Just a few of the leading items to explore.

My '15 KingRanch came from out west and I put 600 miles on it the first 8 hours I owned it driving north. Took a bit of a break to have a Ford dealer turn on the cruise control since the original dealer failed to go through the full predelivery set up. Then put another 2,500 miles on it. No issues at all running 80 mph when not towing. For a truck with near $70k MSRP the OEM shocks are disgraceful when towing though. Now the '15 XLT SCAB 4x2 with the Hankooks running 80 mph is not the ideal thing.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
if its only near 80 +/- a few mph go get your tires rebalanced, even check to see if you might have a bubble in your tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a 2015 and had higher speed vibration, not rough but could feel in floor, gas pedal, steering wheel, and arm rests. Ford changed rear end ring & pinion gear. That vibration is now gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.