F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I stop at a light with the truck in drive there is a slight vibration through the whole truck. Its not severe but noticeable from the usual smooth, quiet operation. It goes away if I put it in park.

Truck only has 1500 miles on it.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Any fixes?

Thanks.

2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 S-Crew

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Are you in an area that is cold? I have noticed that my truck isn't as smooth until the tranny warms up now that the the temps are in the single digits.

I suspect it has something to do with the torque converter locking up until it gets warm.

SPPD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you in an area that is cold? I have noticed that my truck isn't as smooth until the tranny warms up now that the the temps are in the single digits. I suspect it has something to do with the torque converter locking up until it gets warm. SPPD
Thanks for your reply SPPD. Yes, I live in Canada and it's very cold here -20C. I thought it might have something to do with the cold but the vibration occurs even after the truck has been running for a half hour and is warm. I got it booked in at the dealer for Friday but with it being intermittent and no codes I'm guessing they won't be much help.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Let us know what the dealer finds if anything. Sometimes it is helpful if you annotate the temperature, and what other conditions are like when it occures. Good luck!

SPPD

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Thanks for your reply SPPD. Yes, I live in Canada and it's very cold here -20C. I thought it might have something to do with the cold but the vibration occurs even after the truck has been running for a half hour and is warm. I got it booked in at the dealer for Friday but with it being intermittent and no codes I'm guessing they won't be much help.
Alberta or Ontario?

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I'm in BC & last week it got down to -17 but I started driving the car. Wife said nothing out if the ordinary when she was driving the EB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts