F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these? I am really thinking about getting some, but before I spend $500 I'd like to have some feedback form someone who has them.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Buy lightforce and don't look back. Stupid LED garbage is for city boys.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yeah, leave the durable time tested new tech to us "city boys".

Have you even seen the light output and runtime of newer LED systems? Blows everything away....

That being said, I have not had experience with Vision X products but they look nice.

I'd ask Pinero61 what he thinks about his Rigid gear....

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Buy lightforce and don't look back. Stupid LED garbage is for city boys.
Hell, lets put my rigids up against those light forces! lol

Vision X makes some good lights, but I believe you can only get the cannon in a spot pattern. I may be wrong.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
There is a "euro" beam option on the product page. Which I guess is a combo pattern.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Yeah, leave the durable time tested new tech to us "city boys".

Have you even seen the light output and runtime of newer LED systems? Blows everything away....

That being said, I have not had experience with Vision X products but they look nice.

I'd ask Pinero61 what he thinks about his Rigid gear....
I'm very familiar with LEDs (electrical engineer). They are worthless for spot pattern. These guys are patting themselves on the back for producing out to 1000 feet. Lightforce 240 XGTs w/ 50W HIDs produce 1lux at 1500 METERS. Science.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
From their website: "Distance The Cannon throws 1 lux of light 1000' feet. For comparison, a motorcycle headlight low beam measures 1 lux at 88 feet, and high beam 1 lux at 153 feet. The Cannon is truly the next evolution in lighting."

Verdict: Lame.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I would give up being able to see an extra 500 or so feet for the durability of LED lighting.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I would give up being able to see an extra 500 or so feet for the durability of LED lighting.
i just got some LED's i am happy with them. ive never tried the HID off road lights but my old KC's i used to have suck in comparison to these LED's and the LED dont kill my battery while I'm using them

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The difference is actually 4000 feet @ 1 lux and durability isn't an issue since the bulbs are rated at 3000 hours

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
i just got some LED's i am happy with them. ive never tried the HID off road lights but my old KC's i used to have suck in comparison to these LED's and the LED dont kill my battery while I'm using them
LEDs make for great flood lighting but are a poor choice for long range driving lights.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Also, they copied Lightforce with the polycarbonate filters. Jerks.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
From their website: "Distance The Cannon throws 1 lux of light 1000' feet. For comparison, a motorcycle headlight low beam measures 1 lux at 88 feet, and high beam 1 lux at 153 feet. The Cannon is truly the next evolution in lighting."

Verdict: Lame.
Well, I'm not up to the level of engineer yet, but I'm working as electronic technician while I take classes. LED has come a long way in a short time, and they're not far from passing HID's up. Have you seen the rigid hyperspots?

Amen buddy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had light forces on my last truck and was very unhappy with them, they were spotty similar to a maglight. I'm really trying to move away from HIDs like I have now because in the extreme cold they have a very hard time "firing" up. I was thinking these with a euro lens cover. I know rigid seems to be very popular on this forum, do they make a product similar to these. I'm not at all opposed to a light bar, just like the look of the round ones better. Any advice would be great. I'm definitely trying to get away from the HIDs I have now, although they are just cheap knock offs I'm not impressed.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I had light forces on my last truck and was very unhappy with them, they were spotty similar to a maglight. I'm really trying to move away from HIDs like I have now because in the extreme cold they have a very hard time "firing" up. I was thinking these with a euro lens cover. I know rigid seems to be very popular on this forum, do they make a product similar to these. I'm not at all opposed to a light bar, just like the look of the round ones better. Any advice would be great. I'm definitely trying to get away from the HIDs I have now, although they are just cheap knock offs I'm not impressed.
Vision X makes some round LED's, and the new rigid q-series are designed to be the round light replacements.

Can I like this post twice?!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another thing I was considering was 2 pairs of duallys as they would cost about the same, how is the light output on those, for all that have them?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Another thing I was considering was 2 pairs of duallys as they would cost about the same, how is the light output on those, for all that have them?
The regular dually's aren't that great, but the d2's are wicked.
DSC_0003-1.jpg
Single pair of D2 driving beams
DuallyD24.jpg
D2 and OEM high beams

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those are pretty impressive, unfortunately the OEM HID headlights are about the only option I didn't get on my truck :(

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I would steer away from the regular Dually's. Mine are bright but nowhere near what I wanted.

I'd steer towards the Light Cannons if you want round lights with LED bulbs. The videos on YouTube are impressive!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Those are pretty impressive, unfortunately the OEM HID headlights are about the only option I didn't get on my truck :(
You can get the halogen set retrofitted for a couple hundred, and have more usable light than the oem's.

I ordered an upgrade kit for my HIDs. New hella evo projectors, 5000k d2s bulbs, and 55w morimoto ballasts.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts