F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I meant to post this quite some time ago, however sometimes life gets in the way... At any rate, I installed a set of VLEDS LED Fog Light bulbs in my truck back on October 20th, 2014... Check out the attached pictures. I paid $150 for this kit as I pre-ordered it directly from VLEDS. The normal price is $200. I must say I am very pleased with these lights as they are much brighter than the stock halogens, have a wider and taller beam pattern, and match the factory HID's well. I wen't with the 6000K bulb and if I had to do it over again I would probably have ordered the 5K bulbs instead as I would imagine that they are even brighter!!! The only complaint or downfall is sometimes depending on the strength of the Radio Signal, the fog lights interfere with the signal quality.

Last but certainly not least, if anyone know's how to make the fog lights stay on with the high beams that would be most helpful... I've searched the forum and it doesn't look like there have been any real solutions to this problem yet... I've done this mod before on older F-150's and it was quite simple, however it's probably a little more complex on these newer trucks...

Thanks for looking !!!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
That looks like it scatters light all over the place. Will probably blind oncoming traffic almost as bad as HID's in reflector housings. Maybe there is way to align the bulb in the housing so it doesn't do this. Power is nothing without control. This applies to lights as well. If you had those bulbs in a projector housing there would be way more usable light and it wouldn't blind oncoming traffic. Sorry for the rant but it seems like tons of people do HID's and LED's without regard to other people. A proper retrofit is the best result for everyone.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
They look comparable to HID's in the halogen housings, but a set of projected led lights (most cost under 200 bucks) will blow these out of the water. I run vled's in my turn signals, they make the absolute best switchbacks on the market!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I meant to post this quite some time ago, however sometimes life gets in the way... At any rate, I installed a set of VLEDS LED Fog Light bulbs in my truck back on October 20th, 2014... Check out the attached pictures. I paid $150 for this kit as I pre-ordered it directly from VLEDS. The normal price is $200. I must say I am very pleased with these lights as they are much brighter than the stock halogens, have a wider and taller beam pattern, and match the factory HID's well. I wen't with the 6000K bulb and if I had to do it over again I would probably have ordered the 5K bulbs instead as I would imagine that they are even brighter!!! The only complaint or downfall is sometimes depending on the strength of the Radio Signal, the fog lights interfere with the signal quality.

Last but certainly not least, if anyone know's how to make the fog lights stay on with the high beams that would be most helpful... I've searched the forum and it doesn't look like there have been any real solutions to this problem yet... I've done this mod before on older F-150's and it was quite simple, however it's probably a little more complex on these newer trucks...

Thanks for looking !!!:)
The only way that I would even think of to run fogs with highbeams is to splice in a switched power to the highbeams! There's a place in Anchorage called AlaskaLED industries that can do it. I was there the other day looking at there selection of Rigid lights to replace my factory fogs and told him I wanted them to stay on with high beams and he said they fix that issue al the time! might be worth your time to check them out! They are decently priced as well, at least compared to other places here that sell lights (Total Truck)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts