F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

581 - 596 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
SUB'd.

Please keep us posted!

Don't use anti-seize!! Ask scap99.

Also whoever it is that's making those *cough*MSD*cough* please tell them to hurry!!! I really need some new coils like yesterday and if I'm going to spend my money on them, I'd rather try out some aftermarket ones with more power so I may be able to widen my gaps.
I hate anti seize, you can get that stuff on you just ordering it on the phone.

Chuck has more experience than several of us combined, I'll let him do what he wants to do.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
I hate anti seize, you can get that stuff on you just ordering it on the phone.

Chuck has more experience than several of us combined, I'll let him do what he wants to do.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I hate it too and wasn't planning to use any. But the driver's side plugs were pretty damn stuck with only 17k miles, so I figured WTH...

I'm gonna run the coils thru the end of next week. If I don't see or feel anything to be concerned about, I'm going to re-gap the plugs to .035" and see if I can blow one out. ;)

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
SUB'd.

Please keep us posted!

Don't use anti-seize!! Ask scap99.

Also whoever it is that's making those *cough*MSD*cough* please tell them to hurry!!! I really need some new coils like yesterday and if I'm going to spend my money on them, I'd rather try out some aftermarket ones with more power so I may be able to widen my gaps.
I promise you it is NOT​ MSD. And on another note, HOLLEY PERFORMANCE is now trying to purchase MSDP, which now includes Accel and Mr. Gasket. These bankers never stop trying to ruin industries they know nothing about to make a quick buck....but that's a rant for the off-topic forum.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
Was just thumbing through and saw you have the Hypertech Max Energy tuner. How do you like it? Pros and cons pleade
I don't endorse any particular brand of tuning device, but I know those guys, and while even their new 2.0 still looks like an 80's game boy, the tunes are SAFE and make good power. That said...I revert to my initial statement regarding tuning devices, especially when it comes to debating them on this forum.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Not trying to start a debate just can't ever seem to get any response on it
Take that lack of info for what it is: There are just not a lot of guys running them.

Chuck tries to remain impartial on things like this, and for good reason.

I would suggest an SCT device, not because it's any better than any other, but because I'm familiar with it and happy with it, so is just about everyone else who has one on here.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #589
Not trying to start a debate just can't ever seem to get any response on it
It's a good piece from a reputable company that will back you up if you ever had the threat of a denied warranty, etc. I beta tested the new 2.0 as well. It does everything they say it will do and the tunes are strong.

You get a couple of things that aren't available on an SCT device, but you DON'T get any sort of data logging, real-time monitoring, or the ability to load a "custom" tune. If you want something that is safe, makes good power, and works without issue, you won't be disappointed. If you're looking for hair trigger throttle tip in, or a "racing" tune, you won't get it.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #590
Take that lack of info for what it is: There are just not a lot of guys running them.

Chuck tries to remain impartial on things like this, and for good reason.

I would suggest an SCT device, not because it's any better than any other, but because I'm familiar with it and happy with it, so is just about everyone else who has one on here.
And with that, let's leave the tuner Q&A to the tuner threads. :cool:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
OK, as I was saying...put in a fresh set of SP-534's in last night, gapped to .028".

This morning, installed a new prototype set of coils. The look exactly like the factory coils without the FoMoCo logo and a slightly different color. If they work, I have no idea what the finished version will look like when they're available for sale.

Anyway, took it out and drove it pretty hard for about ten minutes. Hit the rev limiter in second gear once. No misfires. I'm planing to drive it for maybe ten days and make sure we have no CEL's, etc. and then pull the plugs to see if we can run more gap without a miss.

View attachment 40882 View attachment 40883

The spooge on my big black CAC is anti seize spillage from the night before. Guess I should clean and paint that thing LOL.
Bump.

Any updates on the coils?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
Bump.

Any updates on the coils?
Still running great. But work and weather have kept me from re-gapping the plugs to .035". It's going to have to wait until after SEMA. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Still running great. But work and weather have kept me from re-gapping the plugs to .035". It's going to have to wait until after SEMA. :rolleyes:
Can you bring me to SEMA please

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Ditto, I'll fly down in a heart beat.

581 - 596 of 596 Posts