F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the whole turbo scene, but of course I know alittle, 30 yr hobby of motor sports.

Learning process for me with my 2015 F150 3.5l ecoboost.

When I bought the truck you could hear the BOV, was pretty loud. After further inspection and some YouTube videos i seen the previous owner had did the vta mod but there was no plug in the recirculating vent tube.

Is this a necessity?
Will running this truck with a plug in the bov relic tube cause isues?

If I'd go put a plug in it now will I notice any difference in vta sound(louder or quieter)? Cant really find and awnser if this plug not being in is causing me power loss, Bov sound loss, intake leak? No codes n truck is solid, previous owner took good care, 32,000 on the truck when I bought it last year, 43,434 on it now. I been running it without that recirc tube plug tho!!! Will this throw sensors off or allow sensors to get dirty? Should I clean the MAF sensor or replace it now???

My 2015 has a AFE pro twin filter intake on it, mbrp 3" exhaust, 3in RC lift 35's on 20", rims.

About to buy a tuner with tax refund, thought about a throttle controller instead but f-it why not just tune it if it will greatly fix the throttle lag and give me other options, tweaks, gains and a code reader and data logger all in one for another $200.

Any advice, help and if this plug is important, just details on the whole thing will be greatly appreciated.

Love the vta sound and love scaring the crap outta ppl walking in the neighborhood, with this age intake its loud!!!!!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
You’re asking about the actual outlet on the bov itself? Or on the plastic turbo piping up above from it and to the right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
The plug in the tube is just to keep debris out of the intake. You don't have to have one but it's a good idea.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'd take the tube completely off, and just put a 1" rubber chair boot directly on the intake pipe flange. Secure it with a hose clamp to be safe. Mine is so tight tho I prob didn't even need the hose clamp. This is just another option, equally as effective, way cheaper than buying a specific "vta plug", and then you don't have that pipe flopping around either.

Reactions: 412boostedF150

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I'd take the tube completely off, and just put a 1" rubber chair boot directly on the intake pipe flange. Secure it with a hose clamp to be safe. Mine is so tight tho I prob didn't even need the hose clamp. This is just another option, equally as effective, way cheaper than buying a specific "vta plug", and then you don't have that pipe flopping around either.
Definitely this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Codycat91
1 - 6 of 6 Posts