F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not to hijack but how is it that you guys are getting 25 or even 22 mpgs... I got a 3.5 and at best I get 15.5 no matter how I drive. Maybe its a 2011 thing. Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk
I believe the newer model get better mpg due to the lighter body and newer technology. Since Ford claim its up to 700lbs lighter. (Which it's the one the reason I purchased the truck). Anyways, I feel like when I use sports mode, I actually get better mileage, due to the transmission switch faster? Just share my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
It's definitely not due to the vta.

I wonder what kind of driving that tank was.

This drive home after a fresh fill up was fantastic, but I was stuck behind a penske truck doing 50-55 all the way home. It was still very new, so I decided to just putt along too and not pass, just to see what kind of mileage is possible if I had the will power. Bout a 30 mile drive with only a few stop signs or lights the first 3 and last 3 miles.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Drafting is not just for race cars. I get 2-3 better mpg behind a semi or SUV. I don't advocate tailgating, but if that's how traffic flows. I don't see much behind smaller cars. It DOES help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Haha I got 9 mpg the week I got the truck because I was having to much fun with it, now I get 21-23 mpg on Highway

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No I didn't, everything it reliefs it pushes air out, not in, so filter isn't really needed

·
Registered
888 Posts
There is no vacuum so you don't have to worry about anything going in, if you are a river crosser I don't know, I had this for two years on my 3.5 and loved it. The lower gas mileage is because of the right foot and the brain connection trying to listen to the whoose.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's definitely not due to the vta.

I wonder what kind of driving that tank was.

This drive home after a fresh fill up was fantastic, but I was stuck behind a penske truck doing 50-55 all the way home. It was still very new, so I decided to just putt along too and not pass, just to see what kind of mileage is possible if I had the will power. Bout a 30 mile drive with only a few stop signs or lights the first 3 and last 3 miles.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Not to hijack but how is it that you guys are getting 25 or even 22 mpgs... I got a 3.5 and at best I get 15.5 no matter how I drive. Maybe its a 2011 thing.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk
I've owned my 16 3.5 since December and am getting 21 so far. Probably the weight.

·
Registered
195 Posts
When you guys are VTA how does the ECU adjust to the measured air being blown off rather then recirculated? Is there a secondary sensor measuring flow at the throttle body?

·
Registered
16 Posts
New to ecoboost and this forum, but definitely not new to Ford performance and forums. Question; the reason behind this mod?

·
Registered
415 Posts
So it can sound like a tuner? Mine drives me crazy, but I never got a hose for my full-race intercooler, so my VTA "mod" (read: hose delete) was not purposeful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to add to this a little bit to this VTA mod and show people how i did it. I love the sound this little mod makes, but Like many others i thought the blow off was a little loud and excessive. So went to the auto parts store. And came up with this. It helped quit e it down but still satisfied.. I found a 90 degree rubber pcv elbow 1" on one side and 3/4" on the other.. and then attached this 3/4 inch air filter and connected it all with hose clamps. Now the sound is not so loud and stops any debris from possibly going into the bov

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just wanted to add to this a little bit to this VTA mod and show people how i did it. I love the sound this little mod makes, but Like many others i thought the blow off was a little loud and excessive. So went to the auto parts store. And came up with this. It helped quit e it down but still satisfied.. I found a 90 degree rubber pcv elbow 1" on one side and 3/4" on the other.. and then attached this 3/4 inch air filter and connected it all with hose clamps. Now the sound is not so loud and stops any debris from possibly going into the bov
any chance you can re up load the image ? I am interested in this but can't see the uploaded image. Thansk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts