F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right place for this. How long are you folks waiting to get your truck into the dealer for repair? I am having to wait 6 weeks for a appointment. Is that the new Ford “standard”?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
771 Posts
Locally my dealer is "happy" to have me bring the truck in and let it sit. Then wait six to eight weeks to even move it. I only know because I work in a career field that allows me to move about in a mobile office after hours and I can monitor the situation.

Therefore I do all the work myself.

In my opinion, dealers are about the dollar. Not the customer. It is frustrating and as a result kills a relationship.

Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Really depends on the dealer. I think the wait will be longer than typical from other manufacturers. Also depends what type of work needs to be done and how much money they will make as Mike already mentioned.

It's a sign of the times! Grab a service manual and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Back in the day I would already be doing the routine maintenance but to old now. That and the changes made in vehicles is way over my head.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Oil changes is about all non warranty work I let them do. I usually get in in a week or less. Last oil change they mentioned the coolant reservoir leak that is fairly common,$241 Parts and labor to replace with the same parts that are known to fail. Put the Pegasus kit in myself, 30 minutes and $40 in parts to my door.

Reactions: AGPank and nod005
1 - 5 of 5 Posts