F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been waiting a while to buy a new truck. I am going to be purchasing a 2017 platinum or 2017 Lariat this month. I have a general idea on how much they have been going for. But, I am asking if anyone would like to share how much they have paid for their 2016 or newer platinums or lariats. In addition, any recommendations or thoughts regarding the 2017 platinums.

Also, there are about 10 left within 60 miles of where I live. 2018s are arriving quick on lots near me and the 2017 inventory is pretty low as well on many of the ford lots around me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a 2017 Lariat FX4 3.5 with a 502A package in June.

It stickered for 61K. After negotiating them down, and them including a bed liner, wheel well liners, and window/brow tint, then adding taxes and an extended warranty(there is a lot of technology on these trucks that make me nervous) back on top, I walked out for 52 and some change.

I also got 19000 for my trade in (2010 Lariat 2wd 5.4l Supercrew 49000 miles)

I feel like I did pretty good considering I purchased it in early June. Had I waited a few more months, I could have done better once the 2018s started flooding the lots. Kinda glad I didn't wait, because many of the major dealers (including my favorite) lost all of their inventory in Harvey around here.

***Edited to say that had I chosen to let them finance, They would have knocked another 1k off the price at the time. I really like dealing with my credit union so I went through them instead.

Reactions: ATL2017

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for sharing. I think you did great on your deal for sure!! I am also planning on getting an extended warranty. In addition, I also plan to go through a credit union. It will be my first time using one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would suggest you get pre-approved for X-amount of money you want to spend (I did that online and was approved in about 15 minutes), then pick up a "Vehicle Buyers Check" If your credit union has them.

It is like a cashiers check up to the full amount you are approved for and is good for 60 or 90 days I believe. It can only be used to buy a vehicle, and has boxes to enter the VIN# on the front of the check. You walk in, negotiate the price, fill out the check (even if a lower amount than you are approved for),you sign it, the dealer signs it and you walk out with the truck. You do not have to sign any more paperwork at the credit union or even set foot back in the credit union. Mine called me when the check cleared to ask when I wanted my payments taken out of my checking account.

That is it. Very simple process

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank again! I look forward to going through a credit union and will keep everything you said in mind. All of this information has been great! I'll keep you updated on how it goes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a '17 Platinum loaded- Max Tow, Park Assist, 3.5 Eco, 10 Spd, white platinum, twin moon. I left the dealer with mixed feelings on the deal. True Car's pricing scale said I did exceptional but it is difficult to figure out what you actually paid with a trade involved. I traded a nearly perfect'15 loaded Lariat - 502A 20"Chrome, 3.5,etc. with 14K miles. KBB trade-in said it was worth $36ishK in good cond, $37,600 excellent cond. NADA was $36-$38 trade-in value. These were the figures that left me wondering as I got $35 trade and they said that was high (the dealer has it advertised currently for $40). After rebates and all benefits from what I can tell, I paid $53,273.76 by subtracting the fees/taxes from the figures and identifying the remaining cash exchanged plus trade value.

Based on the trade value reports I may have lost out on $1K-$2K. I am not sure about the NADA figure if the dealer is listing my truck in its condition for $40K. They would be more around $45K IMO of that was the market price trade. Either way, I am definitely in the $53-$55 pricing range if I add $2K more to the trade. So, probably I did ok. It has been three weeks and they still have my old truck for sale and they have a lot of buyer traffic. Perhaps the advertised trade values were higher than market and they were right.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I did the Ford credit to get the $1,000 off. The following week I paid the Ford loan off with a loan from the Credit Union with a lower interest rate.

Reactions: ATL2017
1 - 9 of 9 Posts