F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently blew my Rockford Fosgate P3S 12s I had in my truck and told myself I wouldnt spend any money on another set of subs.... Well I have a Walmart gift card from work and hardly ever shop there and considered buying 2 of the kicker 12" subs as a replacement for my blown ones. Has anyone hooked these up before and if so how do they sound? I know it's not going to be an amazing system but for $160 bucks it cant hurt to try.

Kicker C124 12" (300MM) 4-Ohm Subwoofer - Walmart.com

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have these in 10's in my truck an they hammer just fine. Mine are running on a class D amp with a adjustable gain mounted up front for fine tuning and I have zero complaints. Didnt get mine at walmart, but that wouldn't stop me

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my rockford fosgates on a 1200.1 kicker mono block amp and it was overkill on them. I'm probably gonna give these a shot and see how they do.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I had my rockford fosgates on a 1200.1 kicker mono block amp and it was overkill on them. I'm probably gonna give these a shot and see how they do.
How are people running subs on the factory head unit??

·
Registered
374 Posts
How are people running subs on the factory head unit??
I bought the PAC converter that drops two sets of rca cables and a remote turn on by plugging in between your factory harness and the radio (no cutting) and then ran power and ground and mounted amp behind back seat. I don't think anyone is running sub's directly off the head unit....I hope lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
I bought the PAC converter that drops two sets of rca cables and a remote turn on by plugging in between your factory harness and the radio (no cutting) and then ran power and ground and mounted amp behind back seat. I don't think anyone is running sub's directly off the head unit....I hope lol Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Links!?

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
^^^^ I've used the same thing. Works great!! I have one on its way from Amazon, looking to run 1 or 2 10s with a 500w mono. Might look at them kickers

·
Registered
296 Posts
The kickers are only rated to 150 watts rms.
The rockfords you were running were only rated for 400 watts rms.
You are running 1200 watts rms, no wonder they blew.
You will blow the crap out of the kickers in a very short time, they are too under powered for the amp you have.
You need subs that are upwards of 600 watts rms at least, even higher would be better.
You will need to turn the gain on your amp to virtually nothing to run those subs and make them live for a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts