F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
180514501_2010-ford-f-150-8quot-700w-sony-subwoofer-amplifier-loc-.jpg

I have purchased the Sony 700W sub with integrated amplifier (AL3T-18C804-CA). Yes, I realize that I am one of the few people in the country that is trying to install this into my truck instead of wanting to yank it out. My truck has the non-Sony 4.3" Sync system and I want to add a little bit of low end sound to my rock music. I know I can make this sub work, but I am about to pull my hair out trying to figure out a way to obtain a connector that I can splice into my wires and simply plug into the subwoofers amp connection. I have spent about 6 hours looking and researching the internet and the only thing that I found turned out to be a dead-end. Here's what I know:

This amp was used in Ford, Lincolns, and Mercurys. Was in the Edge, Fusion, Milan, etc.

Sub/Amp part number for 2009-2014 Super Crew is
AL3T-18C804-CA

The amp is manufactured by YanFeng Visteon (in China) for Sony with part number
8A5T-18C808-AB

I have contacted Ford (haven't heard back), Sony (didn't recognize the part number) and found info for YanFeng but their "contact us now" link was dead. Moving forward, I have other options to make this work, but this is the one I am pursuing at the moment. I am looking for the plug that connects the vehicle to the amplifier and NOT the plug that wires the speaker to the amp. If anyone can provide me with a part number for this entire harness, or if anyone has a cut off pigtail that goes to this connection, or ANY help at all then I would be greatly appreciative. Heck, if you have done what I'm trying to do then kindly share with me what worked for you. :)

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This option is a whole heck of a lot cheaper. But that might the route I take in a year or so. ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do you have the correct wires run to the location the amp will be? If not, the connector will not do you any good.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
You just need to find a wiring diagram and tap the rear door speakers for signal, run a remote power line and should be good to go. Solder away! Or just change out the amp.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the Sony system in my truck and that doesn't look like my OEM sub. My sub does not have the amp integrated into it. Is this from an earlier year model maybe?

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Sony system in my truck and that doesn't look like my OEM sub. My sub does not have the amp integrated into it. Is this from an earlier year model maybe?
From what I understand. The sub that has the amp attached to the box was for Sony system trucks with the 40/20/40 "bench" front seat. The sub without the amp was for the models equipped with a center console and the amp was mounted under the console......I think.

Reactions: dj2014

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You just need to find a wiring diagram and tap the rear door speakers for signal, run a remote power line and should be good to go. Solder away! Or just change out the amp.
Winchested, If I change out the amp do you have any clue what size I should go with? I'm not sure what the wattage spec's are for the factory amp and the speaker is supposedly a 4 ohm DVC but has these markings on the back of it:
9L3T-18808-DA
1.2 ohm + 1.2 ohm
60W + 60W

I'm assuming that I would need a 4 ohm, dual channel amp with a 150-200 (75-100 per channel) watt rating??? Does this sound right?
I'm going to make this thing work, dang-it! :)

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
I'm not sure on amp size I've not done a stereo install in 10 Years... Used to have the loudest stereos out of any body in high school and college and then had kids and loud went out the window.
My wife doesn't like loud either. She would rather talk. I would rather Jam..

·
Administrator
11,219 Posts
Anybody know if the "under console" area can be accessed in non factory sub equipped trucks? I think I'm putting a subwoofer behind or under the rear seat, and think I want a midwoofer under the console. Maybe.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anybody know if the "under console" area can be accessed in non factory sub equipped trucks? I think I'm putting a subwoofer behind or under the rear seat, and think I want a midwoofer under the console. Maybe.

I don't know this for sure, but from pictures that I have seen, you would possibly have to modify the underside of the console and use a low profile speaker. There doesn't seem to be a lot of room for a conventional set-up.

Reactions: mwemaxxowner

·
Administrator
11,219 Posts
I'm not opposed to running shallow mount, I'm actually looking for a midwoofer, not a sub, to run up there. I have a sub in the rear, and want more midbass up front along with my door mids.

But I'm not looking to hack my truck up more than just a little.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not sure on amp size I've not done a stereo install in 10 Years... Used to have the loudest stereos out of any body in high school and college and then had kids and loud went out the window.
My wife doesn't like loud either. She would rather talk. I would rather Jam..
sooooooo..... tell me why y’all ride together again?? My wife knows if you riding in the truck we jamming!!! and.........,,,, she always asking me, why do the kids always wanna ride with you?? I just smile and shrug.... idk honey...... for the same reason you don’t ride with me.... and I hate to tell ya your out numbered.... so for 10 years we’ve been taking 2 cars to every event!

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Hilarious first post.

I hope you stick around.
By the way, I have a few grandkids who INSIST on "wanna ride with Pawpaw", if the circumstances present. My own kids, their parents, think it's because I've spoiled them, which is arguably true, but what they don't know is I have a sing-along Playlist that the littlest ones want to shout and dance in their carseats to. Lol

Who'd have thought that my Amp-rack would be most appreciated by people wearing diapers?

TURN IT UP PAWPAW

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 F150 Screw Lariat w/Chrome Pkg; 2.7; Ruby Red Metallic; 3.31 rear end; Trailer Tow; 36 gal fuel
32 Posts
Hilarious first post.

I hope you stick around.
By the way, I have a few grandkids who INSIST on "wanna ride with Pawpaw", if the circumstances present. My own kids, their parents, think it's because I've spoiled them, which is arguably true, but what they don't know is I have a sing-along Playlist that the littlest ones want to shout and dance in their carseats to. Lol

Who'd have thought that my Amp-rack would be most appreciated by people wearing diapers?

TURN IT UP PAWPAW

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Wow!!!!! That is some kind of setup! But hey...whatever keeps the grands happy. I don't have any yet but hope to in the next few years.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,967 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts