F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is what is happening. 2011 Ecoboost, 45000KM/28000M, I was towing my travel trailer and stopped for fuel. When I restarted I had a warning light for P0630 VIN not programmed or Incompatible - ECM/PCM and I also had U0422 Invalid Data received from body control module. I tried to erase the codes but they came right back. I do own a tuner, but it wasn't installed when this happened. The tune had been remove for about a month now. I called Ford to book me in to get this checked out, but I'm afraid they are going to try and blame this on the tune, that I wasn't running.

Anyone have any idea what may cause this? I will keep you posted as I find out more.

·
Registered
868 Posts
that sounds like something they will say happened with the flash that was loaded.
to me it sounds like a side effect of an electrical surge or bad connection somewhere is the circuit.
i would be curious to see if they can detect the real cause with their diagnostic check.

they may not find anything and basically reflash the ECU and get rid of the problem.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is the message still there when you disconnect the trailer? How about if you disconnect the trailer then clear the codes?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yes I disconnected the trailer and tried to erase the codes. Same results
Bad Answer.

Please let us know what the tech says. How many miles have you driven since the tune was pulled out of the truck? It is said to take 300 miles to erase any signs of the ECU ever having have been programmed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds to me like a connector came loose. The body harness plugs into the ECU, so I would start there. Even if it looks plugged in, unplug it and plug it back in. Then move on to other connectors.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sounds to me like a connector came loose. The body harness plugs into the ECU, so I would start there. Even if it looks plugged in, unplug it and plug it back in. Then move on to other connectors.
That and when it is at the dealer make sure they check your trailer harness and wires for anything that may have rubbed insulation off. I find it odd that it happened after you connected the TT, stranger things have happened but if something shorted that could have caused the module to fry. Also check your trailer harness to make sure there aren't any worn wires there.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Does anyone remember when if there was a problem with a car or truck it was mechanical and located under the hood. Not a computer or seldom due to a wiring issue...unless it was plug wires, and that problem still exist.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yes, I do. We changed oil every 1000 miles. Plugs and points every 10000 and tires at about the same interval. Sometimes we had to dry the distributor cap to get her running right.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yes, I do. We changed oil every 1000 miles. Plugs and points every 10000 and tires at about the same interval. Sometimes we had to dry the distributor cap to get her running right.
Yes, and we did all of those things with our own hands out in the driveway...and felt good for doing so.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yep, changed the oil and plugs every 3000 miles in a Pontiac Ram Air III I had in my Trans Am. It had the HEI distributor and I did have a module fail but since there were only 2 in the system it was an easy fix. I remember changing the points on something but I can't remember what.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Skinned our knuckles, cut & burned our fingers and thought we were having fun.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Does anyone remember when if there was a problem with a car or truck it was mechanical and located under the hood. Not a computer or seldom due to a wiring issue...unless it was plug wires, and that problem still exist.
i still have a 71 chevelle :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pffft. Dilettantes. I've got a 72 Triumph Daytona and a couple of 70s XS650s. Simplest machines going, and have the most issues. I swear the triumph looks around, thinks to itself "this is the most inconvenient place I could leave you stranded" and promptly does. :-D

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So my aftermarket wheels maybe causing the trouble! I'm supposed to drop it off to Ford next week. I guess I will find out

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So got my truck back from Ford and they said it was the wheels and tires and there was nothing they could do.

So I put my tune back in and calibrated the tire size, everything is ok now. Warning light has gone out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts