F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's raining in Houston, so I decided to drive thru a field... It was pretty slick and I immediately stopped and the AdvanceTrac kicked in. This didn't allow me to spin my wheels. Not thinking and worried about the truck really getting stuck I continued to push on the accelerator for about 5 total seconds. Then I got the two warning lights... "Service AdvanceTrac & Check Brake System." I proceeded to turn off traction control, then was able to make my way out of the field. Tires were spinning pretty good and I barely made it out.

Has anyone seen this problem? I google the issue and it sounds like I just screwed up a sensor... Hopefully, that's all it is...

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've had these both appear a couple of time in the last 2 years with my 11' and my parents 12'. Will sometimes happen from the excessive wheel spin. Should be fine, next time your truck starts they probably won't even appear. First time it ever happened to me was pulling out a tractor/trailer stuck in the winter, and the next time was out playing in the mud. I've never had it serviced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I am having an issue with this. I start the truck its running well. I pull in the a grocery store go to park in a space and this turns on. service advancetrac, check brake system and the abs light also turns on. I shut of the truck do my shopping get back in start it and everything is clear. I drive home still no issues pull into my drive way and it happens again. This has been ongoing for a bit over a week and has become an annoyance. I have noticed that for some reason its only when I'm parking and turning the wheel right. No issues when I turn it left. Like I said it's only when parking for some reason. I have a code reader and placed it on the reader when the lights are on. 0 codes come on. Any one have any idea what this is. I checked the fuse on the battery. Fuse is still intact. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,930 Posts
That looks like it may be the issue. Thank you for the video. Ill let you know how this works out for me
The same thing happens when you put these modern trucks on a dyno and lock em down. You should see how angry the computer gets when the rear wheels are spinning and the fronts aren't!

The dash looks like a Christmas tree on the way home, but after a few miles it figures out everything is OK. :)

In that video did you notice his alarm at how dirty the sensor was? You might even try just cleaning them up and putting them back in before actually replacing them? Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sotopop

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,930 Posts
Can I ask how you knew which one to change?

Excellent result though!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts