F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if rotors are warrantied by Ford? I have a 2013 F-150 with 22,000 miles on it and the rotors are already warped. So frustrating!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I bet they're not. I bet they just have sticky spots.

·
Registered
13,029 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I've got 16.6k miles and yes I can feel the warping about another 2 k I've got an oil change gonna ask my service guy about this. I've towed and constant city traffic with old truck rotors that lasted 45k before changing.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 13 and it was shortly after 20k and they were totally warped. I plan to upgrade and change them out soon

·
Registered
75 Posts
My rear brakes also squeal every time I back out of driveway since its was new. My brother in law has a 13 and his does as well.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
My breaks do the squealing thing too but other than that they are smooth with 32k miles on them and a lot of mountain driving

·
Registered
993 Posts
Have towed a #5000 TT for about 3000 miles so far and the truck has just under 18,000 miles on it and all is good with my brakes. No warp, no squealing, just nice brakes..

Good luck!

Mitch

·
Registered
13,029 Posts
Well I need to get reading....because i just got told no Monday at the dealer
I think mine was 20,000 kilometres. I had 35 when I discovered my warped rotors.

Sent from my non using Tapatalk in 🇨🇦

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Is there any proof of a warped rotor? I would think it is more the pads.

Make sure you follow proper brake in procedures on new brakes. I did a bit when I got the truck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just got all new pads and rotors at 60K miles.Ford dealership tried to turn the rotors to the minimum safety point but the rotors still weren't trued. Truck had been shaking at high speed breaking since about 35K, i just never got around to it.

Unfortunately, its going to be around 1,000 bucks for all new rotors and pads. I should have done it sooner! But now the pads and rotors have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Couple things I've learned with the front brakes on these trucks:

1. The inner and outer pads on the front are different, place them in the wrong position and you will experience poor braking and potentially damage your rotor, caliper and wheel.

2. The "mounts" that the calipers mount to, need to be torqued down big time when reinstalling them. I can't remember the spec but it was way over the 150 ft/lbs. my wrench is capable of. I learned this one the hard way. I had replaced the front and rear rotors shortly after buying my truck as they felt warped. No change, so about 20k miles later I decided to replace the fronts again, powerstop extreme pads and drilled rotors this time. When pulling the old brakes I noticed it looked like these bolts had loosened. Also they had a lot of locktite on them from the factory. I cleaned all the old locktite off, put some new on and torqued them down as much as my wrench could go and then some. Haven't had the issue return yet.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hey norcal. Could you possibly find out the torque specs for the calipers for me. I just ordered the z23 front brake kit from stage 3 and will be changing them out soon.... thx bud also any other important tips if needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 71 Posts