F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Mine have started to shake since about 12k miles on my '14. I am at almost 15k now. Its irritating.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the fact that my OEM's are at 23K and are smooth as glass still.
But I'll be doing powerstop rotors and pads when the time comes!

·
Administrator
7,816 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the fact that my OEM's are at 23K and are smooth as glass still.
But I'll be doing powerstop rotors and pads when the time comes!
I'm at 24K and I have felt the steering wheel shake after a while of city driving every so often. if I'm just on the highway/interstate, the steering wheel doesn't shake at all when braking.

·
Registered
163 Posts
At 30k miles mine were warped terribly! They put just enough to get by when it came to the rotors. Good thing is is that they won't cover them under warranty. "Wear and tear" I paid like $450 for them to resurface the rotors and all new pads. I should've just bought some aftermarket rotates and pads for that. Shewww

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
mine is shuddering as well. I am taking it to the dealer. Hope they fix it for free since I bought it last weekend !
Going to the dealer is a great next step, slothman. How many miles are on your truck? I'll see what options are available to assist.

Crystal

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hi Crystal, the dealer is looking at it now. The truck has 16,000 miles on it. It is a certified pre-owned vehicle.
Come back and tell us what the dealer finds out, slothman. If you need me to step in and assist, send a PM my way with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

·
Registered
940 Posts
front rotors were indeed warped, and the pads cracked. They machined the rotors and installed new pads. I must say....the truck now stops on a dime !

I took it out and heat cycled the pads and rotors. I know the first day is the most important time to bed the pads and rotors.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Heat and sudden application are the two factors that cause rotors to warp. Aggressive braking and panic stops will do it every time. To aggressive brakers there are coated rotors out there that are better. Panic stops are simply a fact of life.

Do not buy cheap rotors! Fewer cooling fins, thinner friction surfaces and more are how they reduce costs to sell em cheap.

Also, some corrosion or simply sticky dirt and crappola will cause the feeling of warpage. The only way to determine this is if the symptoms change from stop to stop. Warped rotors can only be verified by putting a dial indicator to them.

We get pads and rotors over the counter for "warranty" all the time with only one of 4 pads worn to the metal. That's a stuck caliper folks! Will also cause rotor damage not only from the obvious but the constant dragging on the rotor heats em up might well! Keep the slides lubed and check em every time you rotate tires. You do rotate tires, right?

Hope this info helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
FWIW, my local dealership turned all 4 rotors on my 2013 with 34,000 miles. All of them were warped.

I wasn't charged anything and they mentioned that they turn a lot of F150 rotors for the same reason, many with far fewer miles.

Seems like who pays for it varies from dealer to dealer.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Just had all of mine turned at 45,000 miles and they charged me $350

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Just had all of mine turned at 45,000 miles and they charged me $350
For an extra $150 you could have had a top of the line powerstop Z36 kit installed on all 4 corners what a waste.

·
Administrator
7,816 Posts
For an extra $150 you could have had a top of the line powerstop Z36 kit installed on all 4 corners what a waste.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I'm still not sure why people go to the dealership to get any work other than warranty/recall work done

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I've posted this before, maybe even in this thread. I want proof the rotors are warped and it is not a pad issue due to not bedding in your brakes.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts