F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my truck has been down a month due to a blown engine. Thankfully warranty is covering it and they ordered a motor wed. And ideas on the turn around on this?

·
Registered
427 Posts
They ordered mine last friday and i got it back today.....it didn't take them a month to order it tho. They had mine ordered the next week after it got to the dealership

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep they were dragging ass. The said if they put it off that ford wouldn't send a tech out to check for the programmer

·
Registered
427 Posts
They told me sometimes they send a tech sometimes they don't it's just random. But they never asked no questions or nothin mine went smoothly as can be. I had my truck back in a little over 2 weeks.

·
Registered
674 Posts
You guys belong to a special fraternity lol. Not many get to learn the secret handshake. Then again the first rule of fight club is, don't talk about fight club. Maybe there's 20 of you guys.

·
Registered
427 Posts
It was a relief to get mine back today.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Total time down for me a month.

After new motor arrived at dealer...took them 4 days to swap long block.

Truck running like a champion :D

*Sent from ..Back in Low Boost *

·
Registered
427 Posts
While they have the motor out you should just go ahead and throw on some upgraded turbos =)
That's the same thing I thought. The ford tech was like well if you got anything else you wanna do to it now would be the time to do it. I could of easily put in some batmowheels, intercooler, meth, hell anything would of been a piece of cake.

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's good to see there are some good service departments in the world. In my experience it's taken background checks, urinalysis, bloodtests, and a vote from congress to get anything fixed under warranty from a Ford dealership. I couldn't even fathom a motor especially tuned. Maybe they just don't like my haircut.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2012 spun rod bearings 3 & 5, starved for oil and that was it, only 23,000 miles. It started with the transmission not wanting to leave first gear on a few occasions and also not down shifting into passing gear. That was Friday the 25th, still waiting for the remanufactured replacement engine before they can diagnose the transmission. I have serious reservations about keeping it, no trust in it's reliability.
Does anyone have a happy ending they want to share?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts