F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is common knowledge, but it was unbeknownst to me up until this point. I went into the dealership today to get an extended warranty, and a friend who's a salesman tipped me off that you can put 10% down on the warranty, and you have 18 months to pay off the remainder of those terms without fees, interest, or penalties.

I was a little unsure about everything with the shuddering issues, and fighting to make the dealer pay for all the costs (now taken care of after a new coil and plug). Therefore, I went ahead and got a 5 year/42K mile warranty just in case. I know I won't eclipse the mileage in that time because I deploy too often, and 5 years of coverage is very comforting to me. The finance personnel and I browsed the list of warranty coverage, I selected what I wanted, with the deductible I wanted and we worked out all the numbers. You DO NOT have to take the coverage they show you when signing, there are many different options a lot of dealers don't really inform you of. I won't pay a dime extra in interest and I have the peace of mind everyone enjoys.

I guess the bottom line is, I'm hoping someone else may read this and be able to use it in the future to save money and garner the same peace of mind.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the coverage option I got was $5095, it covers pretty much everything that's not wear and tear and has roadside assistance and some other services. Through CNA Warranty company.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think the coverage option I got was $5095, it covers pretty much everything that's not wear and tear and has roadside assistance and some other services. Through CNA Warranty company.
You got burned at $5k by the finance department. Did you know you can purchase direct from ford online or over the phone? I bought a 5\60k mile warranty for my GT500 for $1200 directly from ford.

On my used truck I bought a 5\100k mile warranty for $1299 in august directly from ford with premium bumper to bumper wrap and $100 deductible for repairs. I also have roadside and rental on both.

Sold the Shelby after 2 years and still got half the money back I paid for the warranty.

You should run back and get a refund asap...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NeverSayDie

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Posted so others could learn, and I get the biggest lesson. Thanks, I bought used and wasn't aware Ford would still offer a warranty.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Posted so others could learn, and I get the biggest lesson. Thanks, I bought used and wasn't aware Ford would still offer a warranty.
Sorry I wasn't trying to be the bearer of bad news. My now ex-wife has been a finance manager for ford for 15+ years and her pay is based on back end sales of warranty/window etch/ gap/ wheel n tire warranty and they will sell it to you at the maximum price they can get you to agree to. If you don't bite they pull the let me talk to my manager bit and drop it a few hundred until you bite. Most people also don't know that you can cancel these warranties after you sell the vehicle and get a refund on the prorated balance of the warranty.

When the customer does that its called a charge back because the dealer gets charged back on their profit and it actually cost them money. If I were you I would cancel the warranty you just bought and call ford direct, or have them drop the price of the warranty to less then $2k if you want to finance it, because as much as you think they helped you they high five and laughed at how much they made on you because its their job and how the dealer makes money....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yup we bought our 12 off a repo lot and we went and talked to my buddy at a local dealer
We plan to get the 5/100k extended this yr. you can get it any time prior to the 3/36 expiring and it will be about 1500 bucks.
Sorry bro but you got hosed big time.
Don

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got a bumper to bumper on my Titan from my Credit Union. I bought it used and the factory warranty expired shortly after I bought it. It was $1400 for full coverage, $50 deductible and 5yr/50k. I hope you get your money back bro.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Friend just bought a new F-150 with the big V-8 and get the dealer down to $1800 for a 6-75 I believe.
I though that was pretty good.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I got a bumper to bumper on my Titan from my Credit Union. I bought it used and the factory warranty expired shortly after I bought it. It was $1400 for full coverage, $50 deductible and 5yr/50k. I hope you get your money back bro.
Read the fine print. Most offered through credit unions and banks state you are responsible for the cost of troubleshooting/diagnosis, then the warranty kicks in for repairs.
I would be surprised if your was different.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'm glad this has all come to light. I'm a younger guy bent on making it on my own and this will certainly make things easier. I appreciate all the comments and feedback, I will be getting ahold of Ford today to find a comparable and more economical warranty.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Read the fine print. Most offered through credit unions and banks state you are responsible for the cost of troubleshooting/diagnosis, then the warranty kicks in for repairs.
I would be surprised if your was different.

Mine was different I guess, I used it quite a few times on my Titan, but I don't have the truck anymore so it doesn't much matter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bought my truck with 24K I paid 2000 for my warranty and its bumper to bumper to 100K. Make sure when you buy a warranty that you buy directly from Ford or a dealer. 3rd party warranties can be awful to deal with especially if you run into serious problems with the truck. They will tell you all that is covered when they sell it to you and then avoid trying to pay for anything when you need them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts