F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 f150 XLT with XTR package. I picked it up in Toronto with only 9000 miles on it and was driving it back to Thunder Bay (about 900miles) this past week. In Toronto there was a huge storm. While on the 400 I stepped on it to pass when all of a sudden I lost power and the entire truck started to shudder. It scared the crap out of me, but I managed to pass the vehicle. I waited a couple of hours after the storm had passed to try hammering on the gas again. I had the same problem. I think I was a little more pissed off than worried (I had read about similar stories d/t water), but this time I popped a engine light on the dash. I called ahead to a dealership along the way in Sault Ste Marie called Highland Ford. They set me up with an appointment for the next morning. They put my truck on the computer and as it turns out due to the storm; water got into the baffles for the turbos. Everytime I pinned it the water was getting into the engine. They put in the newly designed baffles and put the latest update on the ECM and now it feels like I have a rocket on wheels (I mean my wife has a rocket on wheels).

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
That is the first time I have heard of turbo baffles. Any one with more experience care to chim in?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Dont know turbos well enough to comment on what they could have replaced... but there appear to be straight and spiral type baffles for turbos??? And wouldnt they be inside the turbos anyway?? How would that help to keep water from getting in???

IMG_0575.JPG

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Well, I'm baffled... :confused:

Wonder if he meant the intercooler, instead of baffles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure. When I spoke to the guy at the service center (this was not the guy working on it). He said they changed out the turbo baffles. Whatever it was took about 1.5hrs to do including updating the ECM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts