838 Posts
Reactions: Tuffmag

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Cold, you guys make me laugh.... my truck is lucky if gets a wash before April..

·
Registered
565 Posts
i never got around to hand waxing my truck which is weird i normally wash and wax my vechiles once a week if not more. but the automatic car wash "waxes" it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well this was a first in awhile for me. The car I had before this hardly ever got washed or waxed. I can't let this truck go without like I did my car though. I've only had it for 2 weeks and I've already hand washed it and put it through the auto car wash. And today I waxed it

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I can't wax my truck until the snow melts off of it. :(

Reactions: OxfordFX4

·
Registered
197 Posts
I depend on the car wash during the winter months unless I get lucky
with a 60deg day in the middle of winter, which happened this pass weekend

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Haha, dudes, I hate rust, the only time I wash my truck IS during the Winter. Full detail and frame coat in the fall then pressure wash as much as possible. Detail again when snow melts, cover in mud and leave the mud.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Haha, dudes, I hate rust, the only time I wash my truck IS during the Winter. Full detail and frame coat in the fall then pressure wash as much as possible. Detail again when snow melts, cover in mud and leave the mud.
We use sand on the roads here which is nice for the fact it doesn't destroy paint and make rust

But the sand does nothing for ice and when it warms up makes mud which just makes a bigger mess

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
We use sand on the roads here which is nice for the fact it doesn't destroy paint and make rust

But the sand does nothing for ice and when it warms up makes mud which just makes a bigger mess
I much prefer the sand and just running a set of studs. Libs put an end to that though.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I much prefer the sand and just running a set of studs. Libs put an end to that though.
If I had the money to have a second set of tires for winter I would probably buy snow tires and stud them

·
Registered
197 Posts
Guys in the NE need to show you Rookies how to drive in snow without snow tire and/or studs

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Guys in the NE need to show you Rookies how to drive in snow without snow tire and/or studs
Let us know when they need a pull out of the ditch.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i have no problem driving in the snow i would just like to be safer and have more control and these tuck suck in the no snow i dont really care to have to drive in 4wd everywhere i go

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
There is no washing or waxing when the thermometer looks like this...

View attachment 5601

Did we know our thermometers only go to -40?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388177923.485095.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I noticed that too. Kind of makes me a little angry. I want it to tell me how bad I really don't want to get out of the truck.

image-290570826.jpg

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I noticed that too. Kind of makes me a little angry. I want it to tell me how bad I really don't want to get out of the truck.

View attachment 5606
Pretty much. I have a truckers one that is going in when I put some other things on the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts