F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time it rains or if I have water on the roof and I open my doors the arm rest and window controls get wet from water dripping from the weather stripping around the door jam. For some reason the water rolls over the weather stripping and not down it to drain down by the bottom of the jamb.

For one I do worry about a few drops of water in the window control module on a regular basis. It could cause the module to short out.
Secondly, it's annoying whipping water from the arm rest every time I open the the door.

I feel.like there isn't a big enough channel in the rubber material. The lip on the edge is hardly raised. This is why it just rolls over it instead of down to the ground....

Any thoughts???

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The dealer looked at this problem today. They tell me there is nothing they can do. They said they also pulled another truck in off the lot to test it. When it has water on the roof it also has water dripping onto the door arm rest and seat when the door is opened.

Any body else have this problem too???

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a easy solution, keep a good coat of wax on your truck, especially the roof!! I guarantee there will not be large bodies of water on your roof when you open your door. . .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have told them about it again. They noted it in their system. If it continues I will go over their head.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
I haven't noticed mine doing that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Damn Dirty Ape
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing