F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my WeatherTech Floor Mats in front and rear not really pleased with the way they fit at the door sill's what's your opinions please.
Thanks
David

·
Registered
229 Posts
Been considering getting them but havent pulled the trigger yet, door seal doesnt look to great.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Huh! That is odd on the door Sill... I can see the function of guiding water or liquids out the door but the form of it all isn't very pleasing to the eye... I would maybe recommend what badrobot had mention and maybe trim them up some. I have the factory rubber mats they do ok but don't cover enough IMO was thinking of trading up to the weather tech but now I'm scratching my head with the door sill thingy lol

·
Registered
311 Posts
My mats cover just as yours do. The oversized edge keeps material like sand out of the seem where the door plate covers the interior carpet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had them in my Escalade before my Limited and that's how they fit. It's meant to channel stuff out of the passenger area. In the Escalade it worked great. I did not get them for my Limited though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just bought these weather techs last week, front and rear. I like them and wouldnt go with anything else. I def wouldnt trim them, that would affect their draining and prob have adverse results.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the same front and rear. Functionally they work fine....Don't care about the looks that much. Had a travel mug full of coffee that tipped out of the cup holder on the front center console (travel mug was too tall and is now in the trash) and went on to the passenger side floor board. By the time I could pull over, it had dumped all the coffee on to the mat. When I opened the door all I had to do was lift the mat out and pour the coffee on the street.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have the same front and rear. Functionally they work fine....Don't care about the looks that much. Had a travel mug full of coffee that tipped out of the cup holder on the front center console (travel mug was too tall and is now in the trash) and went on to the passenger side floor board. By the time I could pull over, it had dumped all the coffee on to the mat. When I opened the door all I had to do was lift the mat out and pour the coffee on the street.
Had the same thing happen to me! In my 09 cummins took a turn and 44 oz drink fell into passenger floor board. Good thing i had the mats, i opened the door and poured right out.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well sounds like they function perfectly despite the look! Eventually i will have to upgrade to them as that is the type of results and protection i want out of floor mats and eco-12 what are you drink that is 44oz good grief bro in it for the long haul lol!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have these and love them. Keeps pretty much everything off the carpet and the snap right into the factory floor pegs. Well worth the cost IMHO!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Where is the best place to buy these?

SPPD

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have been looking at getting these as well. I have friends that have them and they work like a charm, especially if you have kids. They are more functional than they are aesthetic though.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have them. They are awesome. Carpets have never seen dirt!! =)

·
Registered
107 Posts
These are the best mats around. That design has been the same since 2009 model. It only looks pad where it covers a parts of the Platinum or Limited logo on the sill. I've seen a couple guys nicely cut a piece of the mat away and sand it so it exposes the rest of the door sill logo, and it looked pretty darn good. So that's a thought for making the looks a little better.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
About this Discussion
75 Replies
48 Participants
turbotom1052
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing