F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the weathertech bug deflector from Autoanything.com and installed. Installation was pretty straightforward...it installs with double sided tape and a couple of small screws. Be careful when aligning the deflector because the double-sided tape is pretty strong. I think it looks good but wonder how many bugs it'll actually deflect given its low profile. In fact, if you sit in the truck and look through the windshield, you can't see the deflector. Hopefully it'll do the job.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a chrome one waiting to be installed,but first my truck will be going in for undercoating, scottch,guard and the clear guard shizz they put on the front of the truck to protect it from chips oh and also have chrome window vent visors going on at same time. I also am thinking about doing a rhino lining roll on job for the bed too!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I attached side wind deflectors and somehow the combination of a bug deflector in the front and wind deflectors on the sides made the air really turbulent and generated a lot of whistling noises. So, I removed the bug deflector. Everything is nice and quite again. Only sound is that of clean air. Something to keep in mind...that bug deflector deflects the wind right under the top of the windows. So if you have a wind deflector there, the combination creates noise problems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I attached side wind deflectors and somehow the combination of a bug deflector in the front and wind deflectors on the sides made the air really turbulent and generated a lot of whistling noises. So, I removed the bug deflector. Everything is nice and quite again. Only sound is that of clean air. Something to keep in mind...that bug deflector deflects the wind right under the top of the windows. So if you have a wind deflector there, the combination creates noise problems.
I had the same issue with my 07 with the combo of the bug deflector and window shades. So on my 13 I just installed the window shades. It's a little more wind noise with them. But not near as bad with the bug deflector.

Now if the auto up windows will learn not to go back down when they go up it auto!

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
@mark f: I just read somewhere in my manual where ford addresses the manual window override issue! maybe it's the opposite, but I thought it was pretty cool that they addressed it! as for the noise, as much as i enjoyed the wind deflectors on my previous three e150's I'm going without so far because the truck is prety noisy when you don't have anything on (radio, environmentals) there is an NVH drone that just drives me nuts when everything is off, but that's the price that I'm paying for the Big truck with the small motor...

there is a chrome bug deflector by AVS that actually attaches right on the hood almost like an applique' and it goes on with the two sided tape, getting it off will suck I'm sure but there are drain holes in the leading edge of the tape so moisture/rust shouldn't be an issue?
AVS® - Chrome Aeroskin Hood Shield

there is also a polymer version, it's tinted, but I'm sure if you worked hard enough you could get a clear one from the manufacturer and have your bodyshop backpaint it body color and never have to deal with the scratching that eventually turns up on the acrylic ones!
AVS® - Acrylic Aeroskin Hood Shield

P.S. I am not endorsing carid one way or another, they were just the fastest links to get to...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Red whoosh
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing