F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Go underneath to drivers side and drill right at the lowest point on the corner and youll be good to go. I'm a hoosier as well and after driving a day or two you'll be glad you did this when you see all the water and sludge underneath.
intentionally making a boost leak doesnt seem like the proper fix for this. what is wrong with a catch can?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
intentionally making a boost leak doesnt seem like the proper fix for this. what is wrong with a catch can?
Catch can catches the sludge from the PCV. But the other problem is in high humidity the moisture from the air drops out in the Intercooler. It then collects while you are driving then when you step on it you get the shudder. That's why the can isn't a total fix.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Catch can catches the sludge from the PCV. But the other problem is in high humidity the moisture from the air drops out in the Intercooler. It then collects while you are driving then when you step on it you get the shudder. That's why the can isn't a total fix.
why not run a isolated can that doesnt reconnect to the intake then? that is an option. you wont get as much negative crankcase pressure but the pros outweigh the cons that way.

·
Administrator
7,848 Posts
There is a very very very VERY small amount of boost loss in the CAC from this, and absolutely no vacuum present.

As well as a catch can being for something completely different on the engine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There is a very very very VERY small amount of boost loss in the CAC from this, and absolutely no vacuum present.

As well as a catch can being for something completely different on the engine.
you just don't get it, puting a boost leak no matter how small is a dumb idea.... PERIOD. use engineering, logic and testing to find a correct solution. I will be updating my youtube page with all the testing and data i can get. doing honda mods is a bad idea, always and forever.

·
Registered
122 Posts
you just don't get it, puting a boost leak no matter how small is a dumb idea.... PERIOD. use engineering, logic and testing to find a correct solution. I will be updating my youtube page with all the testing and data i can get. doing honda mods is a bad idea, always and forever.
Then replace the intercooler. Catch can wont fix this, but a new intercooler will.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
better than putting a rod through the block when you suck up liquid.

·
Registered
122 Posts
the is no single approach that will perfectly fix everything. I will update on this forum with all videos I make.
The intercooler being replaced is pretty close to a complete fix for the moisture issue. This is a turbo engine so it will always have blow by. Nothing will ever fix that unless you remove the turbos. So yes you are correct no single fix for "everything", but the issue that puts a rod through the block has one of two fixes either drill the hole or replace the CAC.

·
Administrator
7,848 Posts
once again, find better options instead of jumping on the bandwagon. research and use your brain. engineer a solution.

Lol, you are clueless. What is your youtube account name? I want to watch some of your "Engineering Feat videos"

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
once again, find better options instead of jumping on the bandwagon. research and use your brain. engineer a solution.
On a stock intercooler/truck it is fine IMO.

I didn't jump on a bandwagon, I bought a huge aftermarket intercooler.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lol, you are clueless. What is your youtube account name? I want to watch some of your "Engineering Feat videos"
I'm still trying to figure out what kind of moisture issue he is dealing with in New Mexico...

·
Administrator
7,848 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out what kind of moisture issue he is dealing with in New Mexico...
Lol, or his new design's that will revolutionize these trucks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i thought that the reason why people have thrown rods was because of the wrist pin on the piston, not due to shudder. new here still learning. Maybe because of the shudder stresses the wrist pin?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have yet to get anything done on the F150. but I have done testing on my focus ST. www.youtube.com/jasongeorgievski
the spark plug testing I did should help and the data should be pretty close to the same on the f150. I will be doing the same testing on the f150. I am just saying don't give advice without data. if you say that making a boost leak will fix your problem, then you need to take video of the valves before and after at different mileage intervals and get pictures and videos from a stock truck and then pictures and videos from a truck with a OCC.

·
Administrator
7,848 Posts
I have yet to get anything done on the F150. but I have done testing on my focus ST. www.youtube.com/jasongeorgievski
the spark plug testing I did should help and the data should be pretty close to the same on the f150. I will be doing the same testing on the f150. I am just saying don't give advice without data. if you say that making a boost leak will fix your problem, then you need to take video of the valves before and after at different mileage intervals and get pictures and videos from a stock truck and then pictures and videos from a truck with a OCC.
Nobody here said it FIXES the problem, the hole lets your CAC drain and PREVENTS injestion. Plain and simple. What more data do you want from that?

1 - 20 of 135 Posts