F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Administrator
10,231 Posts
I see what you are saying. Why is the condensate even appearing. I think it appears in a lot of vehicles, just that the location of the piping, blow off valves, even the cooler itself are generally better suited for avoiding this as a problem. Then I could be totally wrong. Hahaha.

Once I started researching this I ran across several small boosted motor manufacturers whose intercoolers had a weep hole or drain valve in place stock.

I think some (most) manufacturers did a better job of designing things so the moisture was expelled elsewhere instead of being ingested. Or that the cooler didn't cool well enough or rapidly enough to generate condensation quickly enough to suddenly enter the engine in enough quantity to do harm.

This is just all my take from information gleaned here and researching once I heard about this. It isn't based on much personal knowledge or experience. So take it all with a very large grain of salt.
Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
10,231 Posts
More like baby brother now that I know you have the ECO and I have the eco. 😄😄

I think there is a time coming when a 2.7 can give a 3.5 a run for its money :) .

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
While I respect this, I honestly do, the warranty work is only as good as the tech performing it. Have you seen most of the Ford techs lately???? Read a few stories here and there about how bolts were missing scratches that werent there before....oily hand prints etc. lol I am ONLY interested, reluctantly, to take mine in if absolutely necessary...and I have the extended warranty. Prevention may be the best antidote for carelessness.
No hole in CAC, no catch can.

Extended warranty will fix any issue :cool:

·
Administrator
10,231 Posts
I sort of agree with that. Anything cheap enough and easy enough to diagnose I want to handle myself. Or prevent myself.

I don't even really trust them to wash it properly. Upon inspection after leaving the dealer, I found that my brand new truck had light scratches all over it.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
While I respect this, I honestly do, the warranty work is only as good as the tech performing it. Have you seen most of the Ford techs lately???? Read a few stories here and there about how bolts were missing scratches that werent there before....oily hand prints etc. lol I am ONLY interested, reluctantly, to take mine in if absolutely necessary...and I have the extended warranty. Prevention may be the best antidote for carelessness.
True that, just last week took my truck in for the stereo, comes to find out the next day putting my coffee mug in the holder there's and extra screw. WTF!!

ya seems like a small scratch on the glove box too

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did the weep hole fix today, 2013 3.5 ecoBoost. 33000 miles 6500 towing 8000 travel trailer. Not a drop of liquid came out. Just in case it is done. gps

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
Did the weep hole fix today, 2013 3.5 ecoBoost. 33000 miles 6500 towing 8000 travel trailer. Not a drop of liquid came out. Just in case it is done. gps
That was after boost and no fluid? Great! Now you don't have to worry:)

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Delete... duplicate post

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not for nothing.... "according to my dealership's service manager" ......my 2011 was one of the 1st EcoBoosts to experience the GULP of water scenario. 3 different intercoolers and 2 different intake recalls / changes later, a hole drilled as is being done here was the "official" FORD fix. Never had the truck long enough after that to determine if the hole corrected the problem or not as it was sold ( a wholesaler gave me a deal I couldn't refuse) and I bought my 2013 EB. The 2013 never experienced the issue, so I figured FORD had figured out what the cause was and corrected in with one of the many changes between 2011, 2012, and 2013.....

Reading this, I'm guessing not so....... I will be on the look out for this on my 2016....

·
Administrator
7,837 Posts
you just don't get it, puting a boost leak no matter how small is a dumb idea.... PERIOD. use engineering, logic and testing to find a correct solution. I will be updating my youtube page with all the testing and data i can get. doing honda mods is a bad idea, always and forever.
Thread Revival.

Still awaiting your testing on the F150

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just FYI, a M2.0x.5 stainless steel screw works wonders for plugging that 1/16" weep hole if you are concerned about boost leak. Just take it out once a month and do some WOT pulls for the day, then put it back in (it's what I intend to do). Very Easy.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts