F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I am up to almost 90,000 miles without a weep hole or a catch can. Do I still need these modifications?
Is this Elk?-lol....
It's a set up right?
Ok, we're on Candid Camera.... right?! Wink wink -knudge. Just funnin, yours is golden.
Buy hey, if everyone else is doing it....
Seriously.
Why do it if you don't have any symptoms (I did it anyway)
Did I say I did it anyway?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
He WAS a member here that constantly tried to hypnotize...the clones here into drilling the "weep hole"for every and or any Boost problem-lol
But he got run.
Still.....he's seems to come back from time to time- sneak in!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,837 Posts
You may need to do it, you may not need to. The problem is all it takes is one time with a bunch of sludge in the CAC and you go to pass someone on the interstate and BOOM! SSI motor in pieces.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My air dam has a permanent slugde stain on it now from the weep hole. At least some of that crap is going back to mother nature before my motor!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
you just don't get it, puting a boost leak no matter how small is a dumb idea.... PERIOD. use engineering, logic and testing to find a correct solution. I will be updating my youtube page with all the testing and data i can get. doing honda mods is a bad idea, always and forever.
Easy to fix this and I plan on doing the following:
Drill hole and tap it
Thread in a 12v dc selanoid
Wire it so it is closed when the truck is running, perhaps from the lighting circut
It will remain closed while driving and open when you park and turn the vehicle off to drain overnight
DONE

·
Registered
74 Posts
Easy to fix this and I plan on doing the following:
Drill hole and tap it
Thread in a 12v dc selanoid
Wire it so it is closed when the truck is running, perhaps from the lighting circut
It will remain closed while driving and open when you park and turn the vehicle off to drain overnight
DONE
Mine really never drained much until it was under boost so unless you have a intercooler full im not sure how well it will just drain by gravity! If my 1/32" hole is costing me even .2 of a hp then i've got bigger issues lol.

·
Registered
473 Posts
All that plumbing and fluid surface tension will keep it from draining without some boost. Many vehicles came factory with an intercooler weep hole (Volvo’s specifically come to mind) until it became frowned upon due to emissions restrictions and dropping watery hydrocarbons on the ground. That stopped about the same time that gas pumps got those psycho vapour recovery bellows. Drill the hole and look at the ground where you park. All that crap isn’t getting stuck on your intake.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
All that plumbing and fluid surface tension will keep it from draining without some boost. Many vehicles came factory with an intercooler weep hole (Volvo’s specifically come to mind) until it became frowned upon due to emissions restrictions and dropping watery hydrocarbons on the ground. That stopped about the same time that gas pumps got those psycho vapour recovery bellows. Drill the hole and look at the ground where you park. All that crap isn’t getting stuck on your intake.

View attachment 165868
Its only you Canadians and Californians that get the bellows. The rest of us release our gasoline vapors directly into the atmosphere like they are meant to be.

But in all seriousness,the bellows freak me out every time I rent a car in Cali. It always takes me a second to get it fit right and then they are hyper sensitive to shutting off.

·
Registered
473 Posts
We don’t have them in Canada. Here the bitumen bubbles straight out of the ground. I remember travelling through Oregon and seeing the bellows. Then I tried to pump my own gas and got yelled at. Apparently only authorized gas station employees were capable of pumping gas.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
We don’t have them in Canada. Here the bitumen bubbles straight out of the ground. I remember travelling through Oregon and seeing the bellows. Then I tried to pump my own gas and got yelled at. Apparently only authorized gas station employees were capable of pumping gas.
Lol. I stand corrected.

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
You mean Petroleum Transport Engineers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 135 of 135 Posts