F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16’ 3.5 eb turbo. Idk when it started or when I noticed maybe 50k-ish? I noticed a little jump in my idle while parked. Didn’t really think anything of it. Did a kam reset, no dice. So as it was getting up in miles around 80k I decided to take it to the dealership while it was still under warranty to get it checked out. Came back “clean”. So they went ahead and changed my plugs and did a carbon build up cleanse. (I’m not a mechanic or motor guy) but the jump still persisted. As everything came back “okay” though. I just went with it. But now 3 months later, the jump went from one little spike to 2-3 harder spikes. Truck drives just fine, no ticks or anything noticeable, no stuttering while accelerating. And I’m kind of at a loss and I don’t wanna spend $130 to get it checked again just to come back clean. Anybody have advice or a fix? This is my baby and I can’t afford for the real issue to show up after warranty is up. Pls and thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,930 Posts
Might try cleaning all the intake sensors. Is it during cold idle or warm idle or both ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hot or cold, doesn’t matter. I’ve seen my rpm jump as it shudders too now that I think about it. I’ll try cleaning the sensors tomorrow and another kam restart.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,930 Posts
Check the PCV valve also. The newer brown valve might help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts