F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all, I want to welcome all the new members we have had recently to .net!! With that being said, I have noticed a large influx of new members joining recently, which is a good sign that people are finally discovering this Ecoboost platform and what it is ultimately capable of. As a note to all new members, please take a look through the following threads that will hopefully address any questions/concerns/issues that you may have on your new (or new-to-you truck). We here at .net like to assist members in every way possible but for that to happen, we need new members to do their own due diligence as well and not ask repetitive questions or add more threads for items that have already been discussed. The search function on this forum is lack-luster but please start there before starting any threads which you feel may have been already started.

1st Generation Ecoboost FAQ (2011-2014 Model Years):
https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6-f150-ecoboost-chat/11949-official-faq-thread-1st-gen-ecoboosts-2011-2014-a.html

2nd Generation Ecoboost FAQ (2015-2019 Model Years):
https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/314-2nd-gen-f150-ecoboost/76902-official-faq-thread-2nd-gen-ecoboosts-2015-a.html

Fuel Mileage Thread:
https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6-f150-ecoboost-chat/7-real-world-f150-ecoboost-fuel-mileage.html

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
In about 1 day this thread will be 10 deep or more.

Then the next join will start a Cai thread unknowingly. ;)

But a valiant effort there miles! Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just remember, if any members feel they need to start a new thread regarding anything covered in the FAQ...this WILL happen:

If the moderators feel that a member created a new thread asking a question that is clearly answered in the FAQ, the thread will be deleted.
-Taken directly from the FAQ pages

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Eric, I made this thread a 'sticky' so that it will appear at the very top of the introductions sub-forum. ;)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Typically someone who has an immediate question passes by all the wealth of knowledge already there. Perhaps having a "user agreement" or a FAQ that gets sent upon signing up for an account? This would also help direct new members to certain threads they may be looking for but not know it yet. Just a thought.

Policing the whole redundant thread thing can be a chore, I get it. It would be easiest to just delete them. In fact, it would be nice if there was a "flagging" system where veteran members can flag a thread as redundant. Once it hits X number of flags, the moderators step in and axe the thread.

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Typically someone who has an immediate question passes by all the wealth of knowledge already there. Perhaps having a "user agreement" or a FAQ that gets sent upon signing up for an account? This would also help direct new members to certain threads they may be looking for but not know it yet. Just a thought.

Policing the whole redundant thread thing can be a chore, I get it. It would be easiest to just delete them. In fact, it would be nice if there was a "flagging" system where veteran members can flag a thread as redundant. Once it hits X number of flags, the moderators step in and axe the thread.
The "Super" moderators have discussed to option of having new members read a thread or two before being able to post but typically the new member just scrolls to the bottom and hits accept.

If veteran members feel a thread is redundant, DON'T be afraid to report it and we will get it taken care of. We can "ban" members for certain time periods instead of permanent bans as well. :p

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
At the risk of getting flamed, there is an alternative that takes ZERO effort on any of us.

Ignore the thread and mark it as read.

In a way, you could argue it adequately gets the offender their just due. Pure CRICKETS!

At some point they either wander away, which reveals their REAL value to the forum anyways. Or they eventually make the second post in the same thread regarding no response. That's when we all lovingly pounce!

Yaw know me well enough to know I rather find this kinda appealing, actually. I'm not burdened with "imposing my will" on others, which I've learned is often a futile waste. ;)

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At the risk of getting flamed, there is an alternative that takes ZERO effort on any of us.

Ignore the thread and mark it as read.

This is definitely an option, but with over 24K threads...how many of those are more than duplicate threads. and on top of that, people will then post in the duplicate threads and bump them to the top when another thread that is actually more useful is looked over due to a very generic title.

I have changed a few thread titles already in hopes that will fix this neverending issue.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Beautiful.....orientation by Miles of said Boost Curriculum. Sometimes what a few OP/ Newbies develop is.... failure to communicate. Way to be on it!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
Two rules seem to be missing:

1. Failure to follow the aforementioned suggestions may lead to you being called out publicly. This may be uncomfortable, or may cause you to melt if you're a snowflake.
2. Miles gives zero fscks about your feelings.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Rule #1, as far as I'm concerned, has been in place for some time. And enforced on many occasions.

Who's miles?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts