F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We hope that F150Ecoboost.net will become the premier resource for Ford F150 Ecoboost owners across the world! To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found this site by surfing the web looking for any and all info on the 2012 F150 Eco Boost, prior to buying one.
I bought my new 2012 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, with chrome and max trailer tow packages. Its Golden Bronze/Pale adobe with 20" chrome clad wheels.
I pull a 27' Cougar travel trailer with it and love smooth power curve produced by the twin turbos and the six speed transmission, as well as the great brakes. I also pull a 20' enclosed car trailer to transport my street rod to distant car shows.
My truck now has about 6,650miles on it and approximately 3,000 miles is towing a trailer. Still on a learning curve with the Ford SYNC/ Navigation system, but love the truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I'm a new owner of a 2012 Ford F150 FX/2 eco boost. My last vehicle 1991 Nissan Twin Turbo 300zx 2 door.
I miss my Z but this truck is AWESOME !!! I will put up a photo soon

eco aka Deedee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there, as with others I found this while surfing. Just turning 5000 miles on my 2012 FX2, loving it a lot. Road trip very soon :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
New EB in town

Found this site from researching other F150 forums. I think this is a great place aiming just only f150 ecoboost. I have visited other F150 forums and there seems to be a v8 vs ecoboost basher going on. Both type of engines are great and it's in the same form but hey, my truck is faster. LOL.:cool: Anyway, I just picked up a new 2012 fx2 eb and I love it. I have done research and found that ecoboost have a flaw but that doesn't scare me. Hope mine doesn't fall into the same problem. The reason I choose the EB over a v8 it's because there are few cheap things you can do to improve the HP and torque.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a relatvely new owner of 2012 Eco Boost, approximately 6500 miles by me. Terrble mileage! based on ad's. 11-12 in town and under 15 on the Hiway! Truck has been tested twice by the dealer with similar results even though driven like an old granny. Any comments or help would be appreciated. Tried higher octane and no apeciable diff. I think advertising s misleading and erroeous!!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

I bought my truck in July'12. 2012 Super crew, 6.5 bed, XLT, Red Candy Metallic, Tow package. Have apx 6000 miles, with 3 trips of 500 miles or more. I am still learning the sync system. Have pulled a ar trailer with a compact tractor, no problems Gas Milage on trips 19.9-21.5, city around 15. My pervious truck was a 99 f150, xlt, 5.4. Man what a difference all the way around.

Anyway, I am looking to do some upgrades, I have a Hearthrob exhaust I am going to install. I am looking at a cool air intake and tuner, not sure what to get yet. Also, I want to put some gauges in the cab....boost, oil pressure, water temp. Not sure where to install the, want ot on the pillar post, but have not seen any yet

·
Registered
2 Posts
New owner of a 2013 F150 Lariat. Had the truck for 1 week now and love it. Traded in my 2011 Explorer. Looking forward to seeing how this Ecoboost engine pulls my boat and trailer this spring. Looking forward to reading the various posts and learning about the truck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
New to the forum. Just bought a 12 EB SCREW Platinum before Xmas. Has 500 miles and being a Modaholic I can't wait to start adding stuff. Stuff that does not void the warranty that is. But the first thing I want to do is fill the whole in the front grill. Weird Ford did that. Love the truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Terrible fuel economy

:(I have about 3000 miles on my 2013 f-150 Eco Boost supercab 4x4 auto trans, heavy tow package and getting 9 mpg. I have taken it to 3 different dealers and called Ford customer relations about it. They all said the same thing, that the truck needs about 3000 to 5000 miles on it before the economy goes up. I was getting 13 average at first then it went down. They also told me there is no break in period on these trucks. None of this makes any sense to me, if there is no break-in, then why the huge mileage required to get fuel economy?

I'm a relatvely new owner of 2012 Eco Boost, approximately 6500 miles by me. Terrble mileage! based on ad's. 11-12 in town and under 15 on the Hiway! Truck has been tested twice by the dealer with similar results even though driven like an old granny. Any comments or help would be appreciated. Tried higher octane and no apeciable diff. I think advertising s misleading and erroeous!!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Here's something to try, guys, after all you have nothing to lose!

Driving like a granny does not contribute to good fuel mileage contrary to popular belief. Fuel economy is determined by covering the maximum distance on the least amount of fuel consumption. That requires vehicle speed and reduced throttle opening.

Several years ago I was employed by a major home delivery company that was very interested in reducing fuel cost. A training program was developed and we were all sent to the center to learn this method of driving. On first run we were sent out in a vehicle with fuel flow equipment and a vacuum gauge and told to drive the way we normally drove. Well, as you can guess, we all were determined to "show em" and drove the coarse as gingerly as possible. Then, we did a second lap following the instructions of the teacher to the letter. Well, guess what, we covered the course in significantly less time and used over 10% less fuel as well. I have taken this method to heart since then and found better fuel economy in anything I drive from my hot rod to F150!

Most of our trucks have the instant mileage indicator system. Set yours so you can use it while you drive. It is similar to a vacuum gauge in that the lower the green bar, the lower your mileage. It also indicates average fuel economy as well and is a fabulous indicator of granny driving costing you fuel economy!

Now, the secret formula. First, make sure your tires are up to pressure. I don't mind a little harder ride so mine get inflated to max pressure all year round. I get phenomenal tread wear (or lack of) and the rolling resistance is reduced as well.

When driving in congested areas, avoid the packs. Time the lights so you are rolling as much as possible. Idling while stopped yeilds 0mpg! If you do get stopped, when leaving use half to 3/4 throttle and get up to speed asap. Don't jack rabbit, roll into the throttle gently and roll out immediately upon reaching desired speed. Now, if there's traffic in front, they will determine many factors here but when you're in control, make it happen. You will see when you're the leader of the pack, the pack will be far behind you as you leave.

Step two. Maintain steady speed. I use my cruise control even in traffic and in city driving as much as possible. You'll see in the instant indicator how effective this is. Speeding/slowing, what I call rubber banding, kills fuel mileage!

Step last. Coast whenever possible. Gauge the lights. When coming up on a stop sign or stale green light, cancel the cruise and let it coast down to speed or until you need to brake to stop or for traffic in front. Coasting yeilds maximum fuel economy and brings the average up fast! When using cruise in a hilly region, your truck will do this automatically.

In conclusion:
1) Properly inflated tires
2) Get up to speed quickly but not like a drag race
3) Maintain steady speed and time the lights to reduce stopping
4) Coast whenever possible or needed.

Give this a shot, guys, and let me know how it works for you!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow, that's pretty bad! Is that all city driving?

:(I have about 3000 miles on my 2013 f-150 Eco Boost supercab 4x4 auto trans, heavy tow package and getting 9 mpg. I have taken it to 3 different dealers and called Ford customer relations about it. They all said the same thing, that the truck needs about 3000 to 5000 miles on it before the economy goes up. I was getting 13 average at first then it went down. They also told me there is no break in period on these trucks. None of this makes any sense to me, if there is no break-in, then why the huge mileage required to get fuel economy?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum XJAYwalker! Congrats on the new truck!

New to the forum. Just bought a 12 EB SCREW Platinum before Xmas. Has 500 miles and being a Modaholic I can't wait to start adding stuff. Stuff that does not void the warranty that is. But the first thing I want to do is fill the whole in the front grill. Weird Ford did that. Love the truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am new to the world of Ecoboost truck ownership. Buying this truck was a dream come true. This truck comes in handy for work, but i can use it on hunting trips and also family trips. Mine is a 2012, so far i have had no troubles with my engine losing power as ive seen on other ford message boards. I will keep my fingers crossed. Glad to find a place where others share the same love for their trucks as i do. Heres to hoping my first Ford treats me good!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
19 Participants
2Canches
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing