F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Of course it’s not the end all be all. Just like with anything the salesman says, it’s up to the buyer to be diligent in looking deeper. If there are a lot of DIY entries in the CARFAX I would like to see the receipts to feel better knowing the work was likely actually done.

Like I just entered a DIY on mine and also keep a little folder in the glove box for receipts. Hopefully when the day comes those things will give me an extra bit of bargaining leverage. ;)

Reputable dealers and service shops will submit good info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would suggest asking for or pulling a CARFAX on it. That will likely show any service records. My last couple vehicle purchases showed good service records but if it doesn’t show I would ask for any if the owner can provide that.

Check the dip stick for any dark stains or discoloration. This could be a good indication if the oil was changed somewhat properly or not.

Finally be aware at that mileage many things should be checked and or serviced after the purchase. Front and rear diff oils for starters and likely the coolant.

Oh one other thing, ask if you can hear the truck start from a cold soak, not being started for at least 8hrs or more.

Good luck!
Thanks, I bought it and have been driving it 4 days now. The weekend is here and I will pull the wheels, check all the fluids and new synthetic oil. Runs great so far, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Just totaled my 17 tundra with the big V8. Loved that truck but this is really nice too. And Fast as **** w/3.5 ecoboost!

·
Registered
31 Posts
15800 on my 13 no issues yet. All stock except tires, replaced them at 90 to Falken wildpeak AT 3. Plugs at 90 and two coils. Hoping to get 250+ out of her.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm only at 30,000

Tuned.
35 tires load E
Leveled
Loaded 4x4 in 4A drive
Driven with a grin. (I spool)

Still get 18 in mixed driving

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Dang. I only went to 34's and dropped from 21.5 to 17.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
Well keep in mind that I'm just talking about what it says I get on the dash.
I'm sure it's optimistic to some degree. But the truck runs like it should be 8-12mpg putting out that kind of power.

These modern motors just amaze me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts