F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm less than 15 miles from the fertilizer plant explosion in West, Tx. I ask my Eco Boost friends to say a prayer for all those affected. I'm hearing 60 people dead, numerous homes lost and all this in a small community. So far all my friends and friends of friends / family are ok, but the news is spotty and changes by the minute. It will be a long night and a sad day tomorrow..,

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I just saw this on the news...very sad. Prayers sent to your community!

SPPD

·
Registered
122 Posts
Prayers to all affected

·
Registered
589 Posts
That is some horrible news prayers to all from up north. Keep us posted

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Sad news to hear. It seems like every news piece I read is sad. My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It is the talk this morning at work. Prayers are with you!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Terrible accident for sure. Prayers to all injured and deceased as well as their families.
They are TEXANS and the community will pull through GOD BLESS ALL WEST RESIDENTS

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sending prayers from Alberta,Canada...We are sorry for all your loss...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Waco - West area is rallying to help those affected in so many ways. It's great to see what's being done and so far, no one is crying that FEMA or the Feds aren't helping. It's all local support.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Texas takes care of it's own as well as others. It is my understanding that FEMA did show up and being to set up shop but was told to pack up and vacate. West has been so in swamped with assistance that they simple are not in a position to deal with the supplies that have been donated. They have set up various locations to store what has been donated in the way of material items including clothing, furniture, food, water and such in West, a couple of locations in Hillsboro as well as other near buy facilities. What is needed at this time is prayers and cash donations.

Willie Nelson who is from the little town of Abbott, TX just north of West had a concert setup in Austin this weekend for his 80th Birthday, he has since changed this as a fund raiser for the West and Abbott Volunteer Fire Depts. and is setting up donation phone lines asking for gifts to be sent to these two fire departments.

So if you have a minute of spare time, bow your head in a small prayer or thoughts of kindness.

We have many friends who belong to local fire departments who responded to this disaster, and are very thankful that they are still with us today. We are also very sad in heart for those and the families who lost their life. This is a very resilient community who will survive, and come together stronger than before.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
15 Participants
jonrjen
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing