F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am fairly new and plan on getting new tires. i have a 2016 f150 (2.7) and i do a lot of off roading for my work and i want tires that are durable and long lasting. I travel about 80 km per day so durability is definitely important. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pick a good all terrain. More plys will be more durable off road but will weigh more and ride a bit stiffer. I’ve always had good luck with coopers and BFG all terrains. I also got 85k miles out of a set of nokian rotiva AT 10 plys on a previous truck- great tires.

·
Vendor
1,443 Posts
Since you're in Canada, you might want to give your insurance company a call or check your policy and see if they give a discount for 3PMSF tires.

If they do, you probably want to go with Yokohama GO15s, BFG KO2s, Falken A/T3Ws, or Goodyear DuraTracs if you're willing to jump up to a more aggressive-ish hybrid.

I haven't tried the Yokohamas or the DuraTracs personally, but I do love the A/T3Ws. The set on my truck have held up great.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm running Mastercraft Courser AXTs on my FX4, 285/65-18. Got them thru Amazon, was a very cost effective tire, deep agressive tread, not made in China, expecting good things from this tire.

20181019d.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pick a good all terrain. More plys will be more durable off road but will weigh more and ride a bit stiffer. I’ve always had good luck with coopers and BFG all terrains. I also got 85k miles out of a set of nokian rotiva AT 10 plys on a previous truck- great tires.
Okay great i will look into coopers and BFG, thank you so much. Also how much did you get yours for?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since you're in Canada, you might want to give your insurance company a call or check your policy and see if they give a discount for 3PMSF tires.

If they do, you probably want to go with Yokohama GO15s, BFG KO2s, Falken A/T3Ws, or Goodyear DuraTracs if you're willing to jump up to a more aggressive-ish hybrid.

I haven't tried the Yokohamas or the DuraTracs personally, but I do love the A/T3Ws. The set on my truck have held up great.
I have heard good things about the Falken A/T3Ws, so thats on my list. thank you for your feedback!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have duratracs on my f150....have 45000 kms on them now. The only thing I don't like is the road noise and the howling of them on the highway. My next set won't be as aggressive tire.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have gone through 2 sets of BFG KO2's on my current truck and when they wear out in the next 5-10K miles, I will put my third set on.

Expect to lose some MPG if you use these, I lost ~1mpg when I put them on using stock size and wheels.

I run them in dirt, snow, water ... whatever I want. Mud is not the best, but they work.

Everyone has an opinion. =)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the falken wildpeaks AT3W's. I love them so far for my truck that I DD. They were more budget friendly then others. I can't speak for their off road performance, but from the reviews and their tread/sidewall design, they look like they would do great off road.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Okay great i will look into coopers and BFG, thank you so much. Also how much did you get yours for?
The last set of coopers I purchased were all seasons, not AT’s and only ran like $580. All terrains generally cost more. Several have suggested the Falken wild peaks. My brother in law loves them and they can be had comparatively cheap online from what I understand. The 10 ply nokians I purchased were a little over $1100 for a set of 4, but they were well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have gone through 2 sets of BFG KO2's on my current truck and when they wear out in the next 5-10K miles, I will put my third set on.

Expect to lose some MPG if you use these, I lost ~1mpg when I put them on using stock size and wheels.

I run them in dirt, snow, water ... whatever I want. Mud is not the best, but they work.

Everyone has an opinion. =)
I had the BFG KO’s on my 9 f-150. Really liked them and they went over 60k with rotations every 10-15k. Might go back and run KO2’s when I’m due for tires before winter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been buying all my tires from simpletire.com I've gotten 3 sets from there and won't go anywhere else in the future, you can have them shipped to your house or to a local shop, with free shipping. they have had the best prices online from what i've seen. Plus they have just about any tire brand and size you can think of, you just need to be careful b/c they have some really cheap tires as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello! The tire issue has always been very painful for me :(
Therefore, having gained experience, I will gladly share it with you so as not to write the same thing again - I made an [Link Removed]. To whom it is interesting you can familiarize yourself. Glad if I could help someone!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts