F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at new 13 model trucks. Is there a date this year that I should look for to make sure all the changes have been implemented? The stutter (high humidity, intercooler issues, etc...). I thought I read somewhere 11/13 should have the updates/fixes done.

How can I look at a new truck on the lot and tell if it has been updated? I assume I can have them pull a report on the VIN and look for updates/bulletins applied.

·
Registered
523 Posts
All the '13's I've seen have the updated CAC from the factory.

The only item would be the recall on the '13's for a startup sequence not completing on trucks produced at Kansas City between certain dates this year. Simple PCM update. However the PDI performed by the dealer before you take possession should capture and correct any recalls before sale.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
All the '13's I've seen have the updated CAC from the factory.

The only item would be the recall on the '13's for a startup sequence not completing on trucks produced at Kansas City between certain dates this year. Simple PCM update. However the PDI performed by the dealer before you take possession should capture and correct any recalls before sale.
I got a kc 13, what's the date range?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
Whatever happened to that supposed 'fix' for the inter cooler where they stuck a metal plate covering most of the front of it? Only saw it posted once here last summer and my truck came a couple months later (built in Dearborn MI in August 2013) with the CAC with the more common plastic shield over the top of it. ??

·
Registered
523 Posts
The TSB was updated with the shield installed on the top side of the IC. This superseded the fix that covered the bottom portion. The fix is to be applied to trucks that are confirmed to experience the humidity studder/misfire fault. At this point the issue hasn't been classified as a recall, only trucks experiencing the issue will be addressed. That's my last understanding. Please correct if inaccurate or someone has updated information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts