F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Those boxes look familiar haha (mine were done a couple weeks ago). Would you level it or leave it raked?
I’m thinking of going to the 4th clip and removing my leveling spacer. But I don’t know if my ride would be better both on and off road setting it to 0” lift and keeping the spacer.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
just showed up, next little project for the truck sound deadening the back of cab then up next rear floorboard. Two layers one sound/vibration deadening and one closed cell foam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maui4x4

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Others would say "tune" or "CAC" or "Rim/Tires" as the first mod on a new F150

But I'm convinced that the OEM F150 3.5EB is already a magnificent running truck, and thus the weak spot to address first IS what those boxes contain!

#de-Buickmytruck

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
The shock tuning from the factory is some kind of sick joke.

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
The shock tuning from the factory is some kind of sick joke.
In all fairness, they are forced to give a good test ride to the uninitiated. Especially the shopper of their first ever truck who is test driving the Chevy-Ram-Toyota too.

Imagine how many folks that are driving a truck for the FIRST time, have said about a half mile from the lot to the salesman, "Wow, it rides so much better than I was expecting"

I just don't think they would appreciate the "firm" ride of a proper suspended truck that's running empty.

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
In all fairness, they are forced to give a good test ride to the uninitiated. Especially the shopper of their first ever truck who is test driving the Chevy-Ram-Toyota too.

Imagine how many folks that are driving a truck for the FIRST time, have said about a half mile from the lot to the salesman, "Wow, it rides so much better than I was expecting"

I just don't think they would appreciate the "firm" ride of a proper suspended truck that's running empty.

Yeah, but a Ram 1500 rides better than my truck does with Bilsteins. And not in an underdamped, trying to make this ride like a 1970's cadillac kind of way. More like a properly tuned shock setup with swaybars on both axles kind of way. I've had 5-6 of them as rentals.

And I did have one 2019 Silverado with the 5.3 and I remember it being ok. Not as good as the rams but not as bad as a stock F150.

Ford just seems to totally miss the mark somehow.

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
Bite your tongue

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
22 Posts
Compared all the intercoolers in this price range and location, it was the only one that was "the biggest" without going to the higher mount ones.

Attachments

Reactions: Sirikenewtron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Short antenna (sick of the stock one hitting the garage door every time I go in or out), bed mat, tailgate seal kit, and a black exhaust tip.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts