F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Those boxes look familiar haha (mine were done a couple weeks ago). Would you level it or leave it raked?
I’m thinking of going to the 4th clip and removing my leveling spacer. But I don’t know if my ride would be better both on and off road setting it to 0” lift and keeping the spacer.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
just showed up, next little project for the truck sound deadening the back of cab then up next rear floorboard. Two layers one sound/vibration deadening and one closed cell foam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maui4x4

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Others would say "tune" or "CAC" or "Rim/Tires" as the first mod on a new F150

But I'm convinced that the OEM F150 3.5EB is already a magnificent running truck, and thus the weak spot to address first IS what those boxes contain!

#de-Buickmytruck

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
The shock tuning from the factory is some kind of sick joke.

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
The shock tuning from the factory is some kind of sick joke.
In all fairness, they are forced to give a good test ride to the uninitiated. Especially the shopper of their first ever truck who is test driving the Chevy-Ram-Toyota too.

Imagine how many folks that are driving a truck for the FIRST time, have said about a half mile from the lot to the salesman, "Wow, it rides so much better than I was expecting"

I just don't think they would appreciate the "firm" ride of a proper suspended truck that's running empty.

·
Registered
704 Posts

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
In all fairness, they are forced to give a good test ride to the uninitiated. Especially the shopper of their first ever truck who is test driving the Chevy-Ram-Toyota too.

Imagine how many folks that are driving a truck for the FIRST time, have said about a half mile from the lot to the salesman, "Wow, it rides so much better than I was expecting"

I just don't think they would appreciate the "firm" ride of a proper suspended truck that's running empty.

Yeah, but a Ram 1500 rides better than my truck does with Bilsteins. And not in an underdamped, trying to make this ride like a 1970's cadillac kind of way. More like a properly tuned shock setup with swaybars on both axles kind of way. I've had 5-6 of them as rentals.

And I did have one 2019 Silverado with the 5.3 and I remember it being ok. Not as good as the rams but not as bad as a stock F150.

Ford just seems to totally miss the mark somehow.

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Bite your tongue

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
73 Posts
Compared all the intercoolers in this price range and location, it was the only one that was "the biggest" without going to the higher mount ones.

Attachments

Reactions: Sirikenewtron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Short antenna (sick of the stock one hitting the garage door every time I go in or out), bed mat, tailgate seal kit, and a black exhaust tip.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Ordered a set of Baja Designs Squadron Sport amber combo lights and some SDHQ designed hood mount brackets. Looking forward to installing!

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
73 Posts

Got these and some LED headlights the other day

Reactions: Sirikenewtron

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,992 Posts
Bought Ol Grey Gal an exterior detail. Was so expensive gonna hafta wait til next payday to buy her the interior detail.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
73 Posts
Bought Ol Grey Gal an exterior detail. Was so expensive gonna hafta wait til next payday to buy her the interior detail.
Did you do a ceramic exterior coating?

I just bought a bunch of polish pads for my orbital and drill, just need a day and spot to clean it up really nice before I figure out which expensive ceramic kit to buy/use.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,992 Posts
Did you do a ceramic exterior coating?

I just bought a bunch of polish pads for my orbital and drill, just need a day and spot to clean it up really nice before I figure out which expensive ceramic kit to buy/use.
No. Sprayed it off, sudsed it down, rinsed it off. Didn’t know I was supposed to do anything else.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My resonator-delete pipe from SPD arrived today. Should get it installed next week. Then I'll upload the SCT X4 from Stage 3.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
My resonator-delete pipe from SPD arrived today. Should get it installed next week. Then I'll upload the SCT X4 from Stage 3.
Love the sound the stock exhaust made with the spd delete pipe!

Reactions: F150RTR
21 - 40 of 59 Posts