F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 3179 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I wanted to do full long travel one day so I was going to opt for the bigger fenders. I'm not a fan of making my f150 look like a raptor but man is it way cheaper to go that route. It just a pain trying to source fenders where guys don't want your first born in return.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
185 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
The plan was to show you my newly plasti dipped skull caps but I may have an issue. So I have a question for those that have used Plasti dip before.
The problem is it feels really soft, almost like the slightest impact from a bug might take it off.

I bought a kit for rims and it came with a clear coat. Do I have to use the clear coat? The instructions on it indicate to use it if I want a glossy finish which I do not want. So I wasn't planning to use the clear coat.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
The plan was to show you my newly plasti dipped skull caps but I may have an issue. So I have a question for those that have used Plasti dip before.
The problem is it feels really soft, almost like the slightest impact from a bug might take it off.

I bought a kit for rims and it came with a clear coat. Do I have to use the clear coat? The instructions on it indicate to use it if I want a glossy finish which I do not want. So I wasn't planning to use the clear coat.

It's rubber it's meant to be soft.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
You can have plastic line x. It just does not adhere as well like steel. If in a high impact area, it could chip. But it is stronger than plastidip. If the object is small like you have, just ask a shop to do it once they do a larger job because they will have material left over and pay 10 bucks or whatever.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I went ahead and put them on today.

Look really good! I like how they turned out

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
I didn't do anything to her truck today.

Except admire it, as I headed out to my essential job this morning

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Changed oil, 6 qts of 5w-30 Mobil 1, a motorcraft filter; and cleaned all the intake sensors .

·
Super Modistrator
2,051 Posts
Now that you’re warmed up... maybe you could stop by. ;) I’ve got an Edge that I’ve been thinking about crawling under for 2 months. It’s due. It isn’t being driven but it needs and oil change.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Now that you’re warmed up... maybe you could stop by. ;) I’ve got an Edge that I’ve been thinking about crawling under for 2 months. It’s due. It isn’t being driven but it needs and oil change.
Bring it over here. I did my wife’s Edge yesterday. Way easier then my truck.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Whooped Ol Grey over to Jonesboro and back. Thunderstorms going and coming. I am very impressed with the wet traction from the new Coopers and also hydroplaning resistance. Big long puddles on old state highway. I knew they would be good tho.
2 Italian tuneups on the way over and a big one on the way back (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Had a local company over here in AZ "Domed Numbers" make me some black and white 2&5/8's center caps. These are not vinyl overlays. They are a gel type overlay. Very happy with how they turned out. Flow nice with the black and white theme of my truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Did the throttle reset. Made a minimal difference.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Last blue oval to cover....steering wheel. Size was perfect, heat up a bit with blow dryer and it molds to the existing emblem nicely. Satin black with gloss white lettering.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3141 - 3160 of 3179 Posts