·
Registered
5,401 Posts
She drove us up to the cabin. My backyard the Sierra mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
I started tearing into the front end to get the hideous platinum grill out.

I also took the pop in sections out of the replacement grill because it is a smooth gloss and I prefer a matte. So they will be plastidipped just like the Ford emblem.

A couple questions. It looks like there is windshield washer fluid going to the front Ford emblem. Anyone know what that is for?

I also want to get rid of the chrome tow loops. Do I have to remove the bumper to do that?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
That is interesting because the device the hose plugs into is blocked off from the front.

So does it open up and then spray the front of the lens? Also, does it do this whenever you do the windshield wipers or is there a button I am not aware of?

as I am sure you have figured out, I just drive the thing. I haven't really looked into everything it can do.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
185 Posts
She drove us up to the cabin. My backyard the Sierra mountains

My youngest brother lives close to there in Susanville.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
That is interesting because the device the hose plugs into is blocked off from the front.

So does it open up and then spray the front of the lens? Also, does it do this whenever you do the windshield wipers or is there a button I am not aware of?

as I am sure you have figured out, I just drive the thing. I haven't really looked into everything it can do.

I was just guessing. If the windshield washer is actually plumbed to the emblem, I was assuming it wasn't just for nothing?

You got me curious. I'm gonna see if mine is plumbed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes some do have 'camera washers' on the front

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
King Ranch Platinum Edition 🤔

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Gave it a quickie bath then headed to the lake for a nice relaxing day of boating

·
Registered
348 Posts
Cool, thanks for that video.

I painted most of the new grill with plastidip. I didn't want to but it was gloss black so it had to be turned to a matte finish. Tomorrow will be the two big bars around the emblem.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Well I'll be!

I'm coming up on 3 years of owning the bucket list truck and, sure enough, it has a feature that I wasn't aware of.

That video of the camera washer above was news to me. So I followed the instructions, and actually witnessed the washer spray the camera while I'm viewing through the Sync3 display. That's amazing. Now I want it on my tailgate camera. Heck, ALL the cameras that make up the 360 ensemble. Lol

·
Registered
348 Posts
The Platinum grill is gone. Finally. But that may be a little too much black. I may need to buy the same grill with matching body color.it would definitely help if those headlights weren't so shiny. I have a smoke film to put on them so that will be the next task.

Unfortunately I still have a lot left though: the placard and release on the tailgate, door handles, window trim, front fender badges, and chrome on the running boards. Oh, and the tow loops.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have chrome everywhere just like the nice cars I was around growing up. I love it.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
The Platinum grill is gone. Finally. But that may be a little too much black. I may need to buy the same grill with matching body color.it would definitely help if those headlights weren't so shiny. I have a smoke film to put on them so that will be the next task.

Unfortunately I still have a lot left though: the placard and release on the tailgate, door handles, window trim, front fender badges, and chrome on the running boards. Oh, and the tow loops.

It would look like this. (zoom)
Only better, since you have the sexy headlights.

(I talked her into this grill on her brand new truck)

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Last blue oval to cover....steering wheel. Size was perfect, heat up a bit with blow dryer and it molds to the existing emblem nicely. Satin black with gloss white lettering.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Looks good, I ordered one up for mine!

3161 - 3179 of 3179 Posts