F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 3270 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Rolled 160k yesterday!

Today she’s getting a Full-race catch can and some Amsoil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! But aren’t you you a day late and dollar short on catch can at 160k or did you have it walnut blasted?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Old man once told me better late than never! We’ll be taking a closer look here pretty soon when doing valve cover gaskets... either blastin em or doing the BG induction service

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
612 Posts
Greers Ferry. Corps campground 👍🏼
Thanks for the compliment. Means alot coming from Texas. I love my Natural State 👍🏼

Reactions: snydmax

·
Registered
383 Posts
Greers Ferry. Corps campground
Thanks for the compliment. Means alot coming from Texas. I love my Natural State
Well I am from Oklahoma and was fortunate enough to spend time all over NE OK, NW AR, and SW MO. Beautiful part of the country. I wish texas was that nice. It is flat and ugly here unless in the hill country, which is similar to those areas I mentioned or around big bend.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Hmmmmm

Big Bend is an absolute meca for camping and playing with outside toys. But you do need cooler weather.

And if you enjoy coastal camping, From Rockport to South Padre is pretty awesome too. Although it's better on the other side of the Mississippi.

And the piney woods of East Texas has some good offerings, as well.

It's 1000 miles from the Sabine River to El Peso. And about that far from Laredo to the top of the Panhandle. Pretty vast amount of land to write off as plain and boring.

But........ I will admit, when I head out it's usually to places beyond the border that are stunning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
I always forget the coast because it isn't my thing but you are right that it adds a lot of options. I like the San Antonio and Austin areas a lot because they reminds me of home.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well I am from Oklahoma and was fortunate enough to spend time all over NE OK, NW AR, and SW MO. Beautiful part of the country. I wish texas was that nice. It is flat and ugly here unless in the hill country, which is similar to those areas I mentioned or around big bend.

Yes and I live, work, and play right here in all this natural splendor 👍🏼

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hmmmmm

Big Bend is an absolute meca for camping and playing with outside toys. But you do need cooler weather.

And if you enjoy coastal camping, From Rockport to South Padre is pretty awesome too. Although it's better on the other side of the Mississippi.

And the piney woods of East Texas has some good offerings, as well.

It's 1000 miles from the Sabine River to El Peso. And about that far from Laredo to the top of the Panhandle. Pretty vast amount of land to write off as plain and boring.

But........ I will admit, when I head out it's usually to places beyond the border that are stunning.

I worked in the humid hot Arkansas woods all summer then hit San Antonio in August 1980 for boot camp. Hottest Summer on record across the US. It's not quite like the 85% humidity 100*F July and August we have here but it is indeed hot down there in the sun. Sgt. Joyner from South Arkansas marched and ran every step alongside us ✌🏼

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Summers are for LEAVING the south and heading north! The high country. :)

But December + February is when that same miserable Texas Heat switches in your favor.

It's not a secret. Head down to Rockport in the "winter" and discover the many thousands of retirees that know. Lol

·
Registered
612 Posts
Our winter is January mostly but I would like to live somewhere with milder nov-mar weather. I should be able to do the seasonal migration thing before too long.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I lived in hot springs for a few years... it’s considerably milder during the summer up here in NW Ar... less humid and not quite so hot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just installed drilled and slotted brake rotors front and back along with ceramic pads. The old rotors were a pain in the butt to remove. There was a deep gouge in the front inside rotor on the passenger and driver side.

·
Super Modistrator
2,279 Posts
Kind of sounds like the calipers weren’t sliding on the pins. Did you replace the hardware too?

·
Registered
10 Posts
after some miles on the truck can you do an honest review on the MSD coils? some good reviews and some real negative reviews on them.
I honestly can't tell a difference between these and the factory coils. I only did the change in hopes of cleaning up the idle, but it hasn't seemed to change anything.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
I'm letting my parents borrow it for Home depot duty, I haven't driven it in almost 3 weeks, it's dirty as hell due to the road construction going on around the corner. The Scout II is way more fun lately! But at least they can stretch it's legs haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Took off the ugly chrome running boards and installed some Diode Dynamics SS3 sport fogs. Overall a pretty good day.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Finally installed the Built Right Industries rear seat release. I’ve only been packing it around for half the year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
612 Posts
Took off the ugly chrome running boards and installed some Diode Dynamics SS3 sport fogs. Overall a pretty good day.
I wouldn't call them ugly. My Momma loves em. She needs em to get in the truck.

3241 - 3260 of 3270 Posts