Premium Member
7,318 Posts
See what fresh plugs leads to?

Nicely done. Now who's pressuring who?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Finally got the billies in up front... along with new UCA’s, LBJ’s, TRE’s, sway bar end links and bushings.

Manischevitz, were those ball joints toast!

Cleaned and regressed the axle ends and all the bits n bobs too.

5100’s at highest setting... pretty well matched the ride height I had with 1.5” pucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Finally got the billies in up front... along with new UCA’s, LBJ’s, TRE’s, sway bar end links and bushings.

5100’s at highest setting... pretty well matched the ride height I had with 1.5” pucks.

Looks nice. Truck looks brand new under there... Did you put the CV's into the IWEs properly? I hope so.

·
Registered
62 Posts

What is your opinion on how they ride? I have the same setup. Mine feel a bit to firm for my liking. Truck is a bit jumpy over bumps. Handles like a sports car on the smooth tho

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks nice. Truck looks brand new under there... Did you put the CV's into the IWEs properly? I hope so.
I think so... followed ford tech makalucos lead. 4x4 engages

·
Registered
229 Posts
What is your opinion on how they ride? I have the same setup. Mine feel a bit to firm for my liking. Truck is a bit jumpy over bumps. Handles like a sports car on the smooth tho

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I think it rides great, maybe a bit firmer... didn’t notice any jumpy ness. Just made a couple quick spins on the way to alignment shop... haven’t put it through the paces doing anything extreme yet.

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
I think so... followed ford tech makalucos lead. 4x4 engages

That's good! We shouldnt hear you come back to complain that your IWEs are playing clickity claxck.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Listen to winchested, spin the wheel so it engaged before locking the nut!
A spin of the wheel yielded a spin of the axle(s)... then bolt tightened up and engagement checked again... is that what y’all are saying?

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Yup that's all you're looking for too make sure the splines were engaged before tightening.

Reactions: snydmax

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I didn't do the work but I swiped the card that paid for it. Does that count?? I had a bad ball joint fixed; they replaced the whole upper control arm. Also had the serpentine belt and the a/c belt replaced. I figured it was time with 142k on the original belts. I'm getting into the mileage where things are going to start wearing out

Reactions: WooBoost

·
Registered
432 Posts
Replaced the leaky water pump, replaced both belts, and installed all four Bilstein 5100s (truck now sits level).

The "loan a tool" strut compressor @ AutoZone did not work (the threaded rods were bending inward in a comical way). Others previously stated it wouldn't, they were 100% correct on that. The solution was to take them to a mechanic and swap the springs.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
What did he charge to do Springs only? I went to a shop to see if they would swap springs to bilsteins and they wanted $250. But would do the whole job for $300. Labor.

·
Registered
432 Posts
What did he charge to do Springs only? I went to a shop to see if they would swap springs to bilsteins and they wanted $250. But would do the whole job for $300. Labor.
$100.
One was torn apart, first attempt, the other was just pulled off the truck.
I ran into a similar situation while calling around. There were a lot of shops that wouldn't do it

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine charged $100... or $80 plus beer.
Said it’s “technically a half hour per strut...”

·
Registered
229 Posts
Replaced the leaky water pump, replaced both belts, and installed all four Bilstein 5100s (truck now sits level).

The "loan a tool" strut compressor @ AutoZone did not work (the threaded rods were bending inward in a comical way). Others previously stated it wouldn't, they were 100% correct on that. The solution was to take them to a mechanic and swap the springs.
Check those top nuts on the shock/coil mine were loose!

Edit/clarification... after installing and driving a bit

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
My local guy is super cool and only charged me $20 to compress and assemble the 5100’s for me.

I tried compressing the springs on my Jeep Liberty. Its not worth it.

Reactions: snydmax
3321 - 3340 of 3383 Posts