F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

3341 - 3360 of 3383 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Only thing we didn’t do ourselves was the coil swap onto new billies... only thing f’d up!!! Maybe I’m the dummy, didn’t check for torque before install.

No wonder I can’t bring myself to trust a mechanic these days.

Good news is discovered it quick and took care of it before anything bad happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Only thing we didn’t do ourselves was the coil swap onto new billies... only thing f’d up!!! Maybe I’m the dummy, didn’t check for torque before install.

No wonder I can’t bring myself to trust a mechanic these days.

Good news is discovered it quick and took care of it before anything bad happened

Seriously. Every time i pay anyone to do anything for me its half assed and F’d up. Last time I brought my Jeep in to get new ball joints pressed in, the clowns didnt torque down my front right Caliper. One bolt completely fell out and the caliper started flopping around while I was driving my son to school. The other bolt was finger tight.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Seriously. Every time i pay anyone to do anything for me its half assed and F’d up. Last time I brought my Jeep in to get new ball joints pressed in, the clowns didnt torque down my front right Caliper. One bolt completely fell out and the caliper started flopping around while I was driving my son to school. The other bolt was finger tight.
I tell you hwat. That's the story of my build thread

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Replaced the leaky water pump, replaced both belts, and installed all four Bilstein 5100s (truck now sits level).

The "loan a tool" strut compressor @ AutoZone did not work (the threaded rods were bending inward in a comical way). Others previously stated it wouldn't, they were 100% correct on that. The solution was to take them to a mechanic and swap the springs.
You didnt keep that old waterpump and pulley did you? Would you wanna donate it to the cause?

·
Registered
432 Posts
You didnt keep that old waterpump and pulley did you? Would you wanna donate it to the cause?
You are about 12hrs too late, they got trashed and picked up today. I have the water pump o ring if you want it, ordered one without realizing the motorcraft one has one in it already.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Please don’t mind the dirty engine bay... It’s got clean internals at 112K Miles. It’s had 90 Octane pretty much the whole life. Only a few stations in Alaska even carry higher. It’s the highest she’s had. Haha.

Ordered rubber rain covers after discovering some torn. Finally got the third in today. Had to remove drivers side headlight to get the job done.

Then put my Raptor lights back together and put them back in.

Then proceeded to suck out the water from a bad leak from a wiring loom for my lights. Also filled the top of the loom with silicone to see if that’s the end that’s the problem.

And then emptied most of my “truck part” tubs and did some sorting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Please don’t mind the dirty engine bay... It’s got clean internals at 112K Miles. It’s had 90 Octane pretty much the whole life. Only a few stations in Alaska even carry higher. It’s the highest she’s had. Haha.

Ordered rubber rain covers after discovering some torn. Finally got the third in today. Had to remove drivers side headlight to get the job done.

Then proceeded to suck out the water from a bad leak from a wiring loom for my lights. Also filled the top of the loom with silicone to see if that’s the end that’s the problem.

And then emptied most of my “truck part” tubs and did some sorting.

Do you have the part numbers for the covers, mine are rough.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Do you have the part numbers for the covers, mine are rough.
Amazon links ok? Haha. Two of them are OE Replacements.

Ford Genuine AL3Z-74001A06-A Air Deflector Assembly Amazon.com: Ford Genuine AL3Z-74001A06-A Air Deflector Assembly: Automotive

OE Replacement 2009-2014 FORD... Amazon.com: OE Replacement 2009-2014 FORD PICKUP_FORD_F150_SVT_RAPTOR Radiator Support Air Deflector (Partslink Number FO1218114): Automotive

OE Replacement 2009-2014 FORD... Amazon.com: OE Replacement 2009-2014 FORD PICKUP_FORD_F150_SVT_RAPTOR Radiator Support Air Deflector (Partslink Number FO1218114): Automotive

·
Registered
5,479 Posts

Good idea to remove light, as 11-14 lights are very easy to replace. i did it reaching arm through fender wheel. See my thread for pics.

I replaced that one and the two side radiator ones and they even sent me the one that's behind the intake box/coolant box by mistake. I don't plan on replacing that one.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Put 120 miles on just for fun...

Got home and my new fog bucket was in. It’ll go in later.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
184 Posts
Technically from yesterday but finished it up today!

Put these shiny pipes in thanks to @Blown F-150.

67CF46EA-5AA0-4C3C-A4EA-CAF176DBA2EA.jpeg

·
Registered
7,134 Posts

305/65r18

Nice those will be my next tires but in the 35 12.5R18 variety. I'm on 305 65R18 KO2s and they are starting to chop (scallop) on the inside edges.
(305/65R18 is surprisingly a more expensive tire).

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
184 Posts
Arent those pipes going to hold heat being metal?
I don’t believe there will be any significant change in temps due to them from everything I’ve read on other forums. The metal holds heat and conducts better but also reflects it. I think once the engine is at running temps these pipes likely won’t be noticeably different than the stocks.

Hopefully they will free up some air flow too and from the intercooler and help the turbos not have to work quite as hard getting it out, but who knows! The logs will tell all!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
The dealer has been changing my oil since new under maintenance warranty but that finally is expired. So I changed it today and that oil filter location sucks. And is messy. That’s fine I’ll figure a way to get better at it.

3341 - 3360 of 3383 Posts