F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

3361 - 3380 of 3383 Posts

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
The dealer has been changing my oil since new under maintenance warranty but that finally is expired. So I changed it today and that oil filter location sucks. And is messy. That’s fine I’ll figure a way to get better at it.
Usually the oil always drips to the rear. I usually leave that cover off for a day or two as there is usually a little extra still up there that makes its way out.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Usually the oil always drips to the rear. I usually leave that cover off for a day or two as there is usually a little extra still up there that makes its way out.
Are you talking about the large silver pan or the square rubber one? Most of my oil poured off the front little tray thing. But I had a rag in there to catch some of the oil but a lot more came out then I expected.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Didn't do to but did for...
Ordered a 5th 18x9 Fuel Coupler and 35/12.5-18 nitto ridge Grappler for a full size spare for long trips and off road adventures which I'll also use for 5 tire rotations.

Next, ordering a Pro Eagle jack, still debating on which 2 ton one though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
The dealer has been changing my oil since new under maintenance warranty but that finally is expired. So I changed it today and that oil filter location sucks. And is messy. That’s fine I’ll figure a way to get better at it.
Love my fumoto oil plug valve!
Still have the messy filter to deal with though of course.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
With your lift you will need that tall jack.
Yuup
Also the perfect excuse to get this Jack I’ve been wanting for a while

Reactions: EcoXLT

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
184 Posts

Added a Cover to the AFE intake, after adding the GT turbos the intake noise was atleast twice as loud! Back to a manageable volume now!
Also cleaned my engine by because the last post was embarrassing how dirty it was!!

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
View attachment 168091

Added a Cover to the AFE intake, after adding the GT turbos the intake noise was atleast twice as loud! Back to a manageable volume now!
Also cleaned my engine by because the last post was embarrassing how dirty it was!!
If you add some adhesive 1/8” foam to the underside of the cover and it gets quieter.

Yes, I have some you can grab.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Added 350 miles to the odometer. And filled to the brim. Ended at 17.3 MPG according to the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
229 Posts
Didn't do to but did for...
Ordered a 5th 18x9 Fuel Coupler and 35/12.5-18 nitto ridge Grappler for a full size spare for long trips and off road adventures which I'll also use for 5 tire rotations.

Next, ordering a Pro Eagle jack, still debating on which 2 ton one though

Get the 3 ton

·
Registered
282 Posts
Put in my new bulbs. Had no high beam on one. So I went with F-150 LEDs. So much better. Can’t wait to drive at night now!

Here is with just drivers done. Can’t even see the pass side in the daylight.

Both done.

Also had my Bilstein 6112/5160 kit installed. They removed the original spacer level and left the clip on bottom. I asked for it be to be at the 4th clip. So it goes back on Thursday for them to fix correctly. Tech didn’t read the notes or see my bright yellow sticky note.

They found both original coils were broken and my ball joins were toast. So new UCAs. Also had motorcrafts HD pads and rotors done. Apparently mine were not good. Then fresh oil.

Needless to say it’s been getting some love!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Replaced the OEM Hankook's (40k and poor rotation discipline) on my 15 Screw with Continental Terrain Contact's. Here in the Pacific Northwest priority was wet traction and these were highly rated. After

·
Registered
32 Posts
Put in my new bulbs. Had no high beam on one. So I went with F-150 LEDs. So much better. Can’t wait to drive at night now!

Here is with just drivers done. Can’t even see the pass side in the daylight.

Both done.

Also had my Bilstein 6112/5160 kit installed. They removed the original spacer level and left the clip on bottom. I asked for it be to be at the 4th clip. So it goes back on Thursday for them to fix correctly. Tech didn’t read the notes or see my bright yellow sticky note.

They found both original coils were broken and my ball joins were toast. So new UCAs. Also had motorcrafts HD pads and rotors done. Apparently mine were not good. Then fresh oil.

Needless to say it’s been getting some love!
What bulbs did you put in?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Finally got the billies in up front... along with new UCA’s, LBJ’s, TRE’s, sway bar end links and bushings.

Manischevitz, were those ball joints toast!

Cleaned and regressed the axle ends and all the bits n bobs too.

5100’s at highest setting... pretty well matched the ride height I had with 1.5” pucks.

Decided to swap the factory blocks with some traxda 2in... netted nearly an inch in the rear. I found mine were not quite the 1.5” but closer to 1.25”

This has allowed me to air down the bags a bit for a little softer ride. I am digging the setup thus far.

A note on the install... the air bag brackets made the block swap a PITA... my u-bolts (for the bags) had been ground off and one of them broke while trying to remove to get at the leaf spring u-bolts... nobody stocks those locally but air lift sent me a set for ... FREE!!!!

Had to improvise a piece of 1/4” steel plate and some grade8 bolts to keep her on th road while waiting for the replacement

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Starred at it in disgust while I procrastinate over the exhaust manifold.

Reactions: Upshifter
3361 - 3380 of 3383 Posts