F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
3541 - 3560 of 3561 Posts

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
I don’t know down here in Florida we have to worry about the kind of lug nuts we buy because of the salt air we have here. The open end style are not good because the salt can corrode the studs and freeze the nut on. At least that’s what I as told as I always put a little oil or something on them anyway…and on that note…Has anyone ever heard of lug nuts swelling? Took my truck in for standard rotate, balance, alignment check and they told me they recommended replacing all the lug nuts bc they were swelling. I have never heard of this…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes normal the OEM lugs are junk, thin tin covered open end nuts. That's what happens when they use impact gun on them and salt gets to them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don’t know down here in Florida we have to worry about the kind of lug nuts we buy because of the salt air we have here. The open end style are not good because the salt can corrode the studs and freeze the nut on. At least that’s what I as told as I always put a little oil or something on them anyway…and on that note…Has anyone ever heard of lug nuts swelling? Took my truck in for standard rotate, balance, alignment check and they told me they recommended replacing all the lug nuts bc they were swelling. I have never heard of this…

Not yet on mine BUT the same kind of nuts were on my Magnum.

Dealer COULD NOT get them off. Had to do it the old fashioned way--hammer (with a sledge hammer) a slightly smaller size socket (that is sacrificed) onto that nut (the outer cover just spins over the solid core) and crush it so it could be removed.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Gave it a nice bath. Love the way the race red glows when all cleaned up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2015 Ford F150 XL 2.7 Supercab
227 Posts
Went on a 950 mi. "tour of Texas" Friday through Sunday. It ran perfectly, even with my fretting over the 6 year old battery I wanted to change out beforehand, haha!

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,791 Posts
The emblem looks fine but maybe make it blacker ? I like the first photo better than the middle but the 3rd better than the others (y) Nice.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,061 Posts
Has that sweet Lariat Sport look now.
Always a favorite of mine.
I'm always surprised by how few F150's are in that trim.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Tux Blk Lariat Screw/JLT CC/S&B CAI/6"RC lift/20"Anthem gunners/Flowmaster Dbx muffler
40 Posts
Changed the spark plugs with my nephew today. His dad isn't around to teach him how to be a man so I gotta do what I can. While we were doing so my neighbor from across the street came over to introduce himself and he also has a '13 Ecoboost. Truck buddies. Good day.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Not today but these are in the garage delivered yesterday and going on this coming week.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus LT275/70R17 C/6PR BSW Tires, all weather 3 peaks rated. I did check the weight, 47.33 pounds each. To replace the 3 year old Nitto G2's that have become too hard to get decent grip in wet. KM

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
The emblem looks fine but maybe make it blacker ? I like the first photo better than the middle but the 3rd better than the others (y) Nice.
I think so also. I did mine in a semi-gloss black, tried flat but did not like that. I did start with very little chrome to begin with though.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle
KM

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
New part coming, Highly controversial part for some people

but to heck with it

Also did a new dsp tune for my sound system. Was bored

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,061 Posts

but to heck with it

I can't wait.
For whatever reason, I like just the thought of it. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts

but to heck with it

I thought you added ditch lights and SS3 fogs....those look like Morimotos. Is this an old pic or did you switch back? Or did I remember incorrectly?

Look forward to the new parts.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I thought you added ditch lights and SS3 fogs....those look like Morimotos. Is this an old pic or did you switch back? Or did I remember incorrectly?

Look forward to the new parts.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Haha good eye. Yeah older picture, I was cleaning up photos last night and came across it. Got my old factory steps on in that picture as well

·
Registered
515 Posts
Funny, the first photo is by far the worst to me. I despise chrome or anything near it.

Has that sweet Lariat Sport look now.
Always a favorite of mine.
I'm always surprised by how few F150's are in that trim.

Yes I think the Lariat is by far the best looking option. Especially the SE option they had. I almost bought it but only had it in the grey (don't remember name, maybe lead?) option and I wasn't a fan at the time.

I think so also. I did mine in a semi-gloss black, tried flat but did not like that. I did start with very little chrome to begin with though.
KM
That is a good thought. I never even considered gloss or semi because I prefer a flat. Given the emblem is surrounded by gloss, it may look better if I painted the emblem gloss. What paint did you use for yours?

·
Premium Member
895 Posts

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Sorry just washed my post and couldn't do anything with it. Obviously user error! KM
Drinkware Liquid Drink Alcoholic beverage Wine
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light Grille
Automotive lighting Car Hood Automotive tire Grille
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Reactions: Arkansas Eco
3541 - 3560 of 3561 Posts