F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
3601 - 3620 of 3631 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,140 Posts
This'll just have you keeping your truck for another 20 years..... 🤣
So you have never seen what's behind the license plate holder on an Ecoboost?
And of course behind the grill
Mine doesn't have those !

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The shutters are for condesation and emissions. Really makes no sense to mess with them. The 15+ intercooler itself wasn’t designed for all out performance.

Also, Ford targets a certain charge air temp to reduce emissions.

·
Moderstrator
1,912 Posts
Today I dropped the spare tire to check it out. Used vehicles are a lot like getting a dog from the pound. You love it, but you don’t know all of its history. Like - was the spare ever used? Does it have air in it? Will it hold air if I add more? Do I know how to assemble the 4 piece handle to use to turn the cable and drop the tire? Do I know where the handle goes?
So I decided to check it all out today, in daylight, on my driveway, in a non emergency situation.
It’s been used before - marks on lug and center hole. The air was at 30. Aired up to 35 and it held for 30 minutes. Tread is hood but had small pebbles stuck in between treads.
All a-ok. I even hosed it off.
Good doggie.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Rim Locking hubs

Wheel Plumbing fixture Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,590 Posts
At the cabin for a few days, doing a little 4 wheeling with the truck, and just messing around.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
This past weekend I put Powerstop z36 pads on the front, and had the rotors turned locally for $30. 98,000 miles on the truck, not bad!

I'll order rear pads soon then do the rear. Money has been super tight the last 6 months or so so I opted to do them as extra funds were available.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
697 Posts
Got a new muffler welded in… 1.5 hours and $250 at the local Seeburg. One of the only times I’ve elected to hire some work done to the truck and been happy i did!

She’s back to the sneaky quiet gal from days of old… the tail pipe had completely fallen out of the muffler last weekend so i just removed it. That week of ******* bliss convinced me not to try a modified exhaust ;)

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,590 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Seems like those cordless 1/2" impact wrenches have made old school compressed air impacts obsolete. I've held off on buying a new compressor for awhile because it's a big investment, ($1500+ for a quality unit), ties up garage space, can't be moved, requires a hose that gets dragged through dog pee, and is still too loud. Are most professional mechanics still investing in air tools or are they looking at them like using a corded phone?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Seems like those cordless 1/2" impact wrenches have made old school compressed air impacts obsolete. I've held off on buying a new compressor for awhile because it's a big investment, ($1500+ for a quality unit), ties up garage space, can't be moved, requires a hose that gets dragged through dog pee, and is still too loud. Are most professional mechanics still investing in air tools or are they looking at them like using a corded phone?
Still have my compressor and associated tools, but the cordless makes repairs/maintenance much easier when air is not available. The drill/driver is not light, feels just as heavy as conventional air gun. The smaller drill/driver makes other projects that much easier. Still need a cordless ratchet though - the drill/drivers don't always work in tight spaces.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Little bit of Corroseal on the rear end and up front. I had a lot of cleaning to do after blowing that trans line. She's got almost 10yrs and 175,000mi of northern winters on her.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
At the cabin for a few days, doing a little 4 wheeling with the truck, and just messing around.
I really wanna find a 4” lift compatible with my 17s.

It seems that it may be possible With the rancho or súper lift. If I find somebody local I’m gonna ask if I can test fit mine and pull the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
I really wanna find a 4” lift compatible with my 17s.

It seems that it may be possible With the rancho or súper lift. If I find somebody local I’m gonna ask if I can test fit mine and pull the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see guys doing it, usually they are running at least 1.5 inch wheel spacers.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Gas Nut Machine Auto part Automotive tire
I'm hanging the front diff (with a new Torsen unit) and I'm not sure if this is correct. They are 13mm thread (18mm socket) bolts, and all different. The pass side is shortest, with a lever welded to the nut. The top one is longer, uses a nylock, and has to be wiggled past the steering joint. The rear one is longest, has a 1" tapered end, and attaches to a bolt welded to the truck. Does this look right?
Textile Automotive tire Wood Line Gas

·
Registered
757 Posts
Operation blackout continues. I bought these door handle covers last October and am just now putting them on. I would probably rate them four out of five because they do not cover all of the chrome. However, no one will probably notice unless they are inspecting them.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
got truck topped off with gas

got home, oil and filter change, air filter change, spark plugs and radiator all cleaned out. might get a wash tonight

truck at 120k now last plugs changed at 60k not too bad

·
Premium Member
7,140 Posts
Heck ya dem plugs look good yo.

Reactions: Boatwaco
3601 - 3620 of 3631 Posts