F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Dropped off my 2015 at the dealership for the 100K service, possible master cylinder replacement (recall), front brakes and a seeping rear pumpkin. They said the pumpkin looks normal ... 1/3 of the entire pumpkin is damp. This is my last free maintenance from the dealership, trying to make the most of it.

100K miles is about 4 years including almost 9K in towing. The minimum goal is 200K out of this truck.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Cleaned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Reactions: Sirikenewtron

·
Registered
526 Posts
Used the winch today to move some poles into a vertical position ... when I put the winch back, find some wires frayed on the cable. Winch is used 2-3 times a month a minimum for the last 4+ years. So later today, I bought a new winch and installed it with the 11 year old.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Used the winch today to move some poles into a vertical position ... when I put the winch back, find some wires frayed on the cable. Winch is used 2-3 times a month a minimum for the last 4+ years. So later today, I bought a new winch and installed it with the 11 year old.
You mean you bought a new winch cable/rope, right?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,295 Posts
I was thinkin the same.

·
Registered
526 Posts
You mean you bought a new winch cable/rope, right?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Actually no, did the whole thing! We were starting to have issues with the engage/disengage lever as well. It would not disengage despite working on it and soaking it for the last month. I would have continued working on it had I not found the frayed cable. My local shop suggested that I open the winch up to see if something was blocking the lever.

A new winch cable would have cost ~$140 plus installing my time installing it - never having done that before. But to do it, I need to disengage the winch, which I could not. For $290 out the door, I bought a new winch, all new hardware and with my sons help had it installed in ~30 minutes.

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
The truck and I had a long talk about it not having any more costly failures for a little while, I think it took it well

I hope you aren't offended if I say that if I were a truck, I'd be a little reluctant to sign that agreement with you.

However, at least I would know you can fix me, no matter whose fault it is.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
I hope you aren't offended if I say that if I were a truck, I'd be a little reluctant to sign that agreement with you.

However, at least I would know you can fix me, no matter whose fault it is.

Our relationship values transparency, I think it’s why we’ve lasted this long.

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
I actually drove it!

But only after trickle charging all night on "AGM" setting because the battery was as dead as a door knob. (wonder if the Ngauge or something else drained it? I admit it sat for more than a month)

Also updated the firmware on the Ngauge and WHALLAH, finally a legit Cac_T pid reading! Now my heat soak Temps are real just like everyone else's. Lol

Gonna grab me a new Intercooler. Can't let Meaz trick his truck out more than mine.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
I actually drove it!

But only after trickle charging all night on "AGM" setting because the battery was as dead as a door knob. (wonder if the Ngauge or something else drained it? I admit it sat for more than a month)

Also updated the firmware on the Ngauge and WHALLAH, finally a legit Cac_T pid reading! Now my heat soak Temps are real just like everyone else's. Lol

Gonna grab me a new Intercooler. Can't let Meaz trick his truck out more than mine.

But did you get installed what you already bought?

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
But did you get installed what you already bought?

I always recommend people swapping the motor while they have the intercooler out. Just saves some time.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Yikes 😳 Could be fun tho.

201 - 220 of 245 Posts