F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
341 - 360 of 394 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
those are some stunning views

· Registered
487 Posts
I used my truck to drag the parcel clear of weeds. Borrowed my neighbor's janky sled, then promptly broke it. He came over, we spent 90min reinforcing it while swapping lies about our childhood, then I was able to ballast it with concrete block and clear off about 90% of the weeds in air conditioned comfort. Now it's time for some Aleve, and a nap!
Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Car

· Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
15,168 Posts
It can take 2 months to get a driveshaft for a 1 year old truck right now. Or an Exhaust part. Or an.....

You get the idea. It's such a supply chain mess.

Meanwhile I ordered 32 different parts for a 17 year old Porsche and they ALL arrived in less than a week. I don't have a clue how to explain or predict anything these days. Sure hope your 6r80 shows up soon.

· Registered
47 Posts
This is under warranty? Or are you expecting a big bill whenever they "fix" it?
It's under my extended warranty (MBPI for the WIN). Nothing out-of-pocket, If that was the case I'd already be up and running (bc I would have done it myself). I kept it bone stock for this reason (I had some minor shifting issues around 60k miles, so the writing was on the wall). It also needed a new oil pan, they covered that as well and I just had a drivers side front drive shaft replaced 2-months ago that was covered as well. If you add it up, that saved me $11,250+ if I would have had the dealer resolve all the issues. I had them do the 100k mile maintenance while it was in too ($2000).

Needless to say, I feel pretty lucky everything has gone so smooth, financially. If I could get a transmission, that would be cool. But, it's covered, so I'll take the wait time!

· Registered
47 Posts
It can take 2 months to get a driveshaft for a 1 year old truck right now. Or an Exhaust part. Or an.....

You get the idea. It's such a supply chain mess.

Meanwhile I ordered 32 different parts for a 17 year old Porsche and they ALL arrived in less than a week. I don't have a clue how to explain or predict anything these days. Sure hope your 6r80 shows up soon.
I got lucky with my drive-shaft. The dealer had it in-stock. The Transmission, I wasn't quite as lucky. I was told it could take up-to 6-weeks to ship, and at least another week for it to get to the dealer and in the truck so 7-8 weeks is what I've prepared for mentally. I'm still going crazy...I may have a few parts in the garage ready to go on:ROFLMAO:

I'll be a happy dude, when it comes in. I'm really excited to start digging into it. I'm a little rusty, but it's gonna be alot of fun re-learning some skills I haven't used in a while.

Speaking of transportation...that's what I do. I'm no stranger to the supply chain crunch. Moving loads these days is exciting to say the least one wrong move and it doubles your costs.

· Registered
47 Posts
I'm curious. What is the 2022 retail price of a new 6R80 transmission?
Mine is a 10R80, but I would venture to guess the cost would be pretty similar since they are on the same platform. That said, I don't know much about the build of the 6R80. I tried to buy the core back from Ford, so I can build my race tranny (the metal kinda, calm down everyone), but they have to return it to the rebuild shop. dumb

So, if anyone has a busted 10R80 laying around, I'm in the market;)

· Registered
793 Posts
Gave this semi a yank. Trailer was high centered on a parking lot exit and his truck tires were free spinning. Took some work, but I got him freed up. Wish I had a video. All four tires were smoking pretty good.
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Car

· Registered
218 Posts
Cleaned the engine today. Used Simple Green and it came out pretty good.
I use it on everything…engine, interior, etc…that and a soft bristled toothbrush on door panels, dash boards, etc. Then follow up with a protectant if you want but I like the finish that just Simple Green leaves for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
838 Posts
I used my truck to drag the parcel clear of weeds. Borrowed my neighbor's janky sled, then promptly broke it. He came over, we spent 90min reinforcing it while swapping lies about our childhood, then I was able to ballast it with concrete block and clear off about 90% of the weeds in air conditioned comfort. Now it's time for some Aleve, and a nap! View attachment 177795
That must be like mowing the yard but prolly not as often.

· Registered
838 Posts
My truck must be broken (in). With 120K miles on Ruby she pulled out 21.3 mpg on my 400 mile trip to get some green happiness (KLX110r l) for the 10 yr old grandson.

· Premium Member
7,462 Posts
But that natural gas line doesn't run out ... or shouldn't or ... Did you mean a big propane tank with a buried line ?
Don't mean to brag but less than 10 years ago I buried a ~60' propane line and connected it to a 250 gallon tank in the back yard and to a backup heater in the house. Called the propane delivery company. Delivery guy checked it for leaks and filled the tank. No guvmint involvement. I love Arkansas.

· Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,605 Posts
Moved my Helix URC.3 knobs (controls for my sound system's DSP) to below the console shifter for a cleaner looking install.

· Registered
487 Posts
But that natural gas line doesn't run out ... or shouldn't or ... Did you mean a big propane tank with a buried line ?
Don't mean to brag but less than 10 years ago I buried a ~60' propane line and connected it to a 250 gallon tank in the back yard and to a backup heater in the house. Called the propane delivery company. Delivery guy checked it for leaks and filled the tank. No guvmint involvement. I love Arkansas.
That's the long-term solution. But it involves running 1" gas pipe through the garage (easy) as well as saw cutting the concrete walkway at the back of the house (Not easy). And like everything else, 250ga propane tanks aren't available today. The only downside is that in cooler weather, (with no ac draw), at night that generator might only be running a couple led lights. Unless one of the refrigerators start up, the idle speed of that motor is kinda wasted on such a low draw.

341 - 360 of 394 Posts