F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

121 - 140 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
617 Posts
No hyvee in Ourkansas (haha just made that up) that I know of.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah I don’t think they go that far south lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
617 Posts
Pulled the camper to the carwash for a nice hot soapy bath.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Finally installed rear air bags! They haven't been tested out yet. Although, I'm hoping for a less "old buick" ride when it's loaded down.
You need shocks with those bags if you dont have them. I got air bags prior to my Bili 5100’s and its still pogo’d around.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Pulled the camper to the carwash for a nice hot soapy bath.
Thats not a bad idea. My only problem is that, while my local car wash is technically pull through, i cant even pull my truck through it without a 3 point turn on the far side, i would have to back it in i think

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Lol.

Thanks too!

I finally don't have to fetch my prescription sunglasses to read your fine posts.

Edit: although that shiny differential is borderline

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thats not a bad idea. My only problem is that, while my local car wash is technically pull through, i cant even pull my truck through it without a 3 point turn on the far side, i would have to back it in i think
Nearest carwash to me is like that so drove 6 miles to the next. Man it sure looks alot better. Sat under oak trees since November.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Are you sure those are taller ? Sorry. Not sure your stock size. I know some XL's and XLT's had 265/75-17.

·
Registered
378 Posts

Got this drop hitch in the mail today, the ball mounts in the same shank as my WDH. Needed a new 2” drop hitch because my dad is using my old one for his truck so this way I didn’t have another one rolling around

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Changed the plugs today with some 542's I was going to wait until I hit 20,000 miles but was having a little bit of a rough idle so decided what the hell might as well do it now. Got 18,000 miles on the truck. All my factory plugs looked pretty good, as I guess they should with such low miles, and all were gapped at 0.029

good to go for at least another 20k miles

idle is crazy smooth now

·
Registered
22 Posts
Changed the plugs today with some 542's I was going to wait until I hit 20,000 miles but was having a little bit of a rough idle so decided what the hell might as well do it now. Got 18,000 miles on the truck. All my factory plugs looked pretty good, as I guess they should with such low miles, and all were gapped at 0.029

good to go for at least another 20k miles

idle is crazy smooth now

Is there specific torque specs for spark plugs? I’m thinking of changing mine out this weekend as well.

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Me personally? I won't "torque wrench" a spark plug in these motors. No way.

Very gently install these plugs with swivel adapted spark plug socket. All finger tight.
Then connect the ratchet and gently crush that seal-washer, or whatever it's called.

Or put another way, install with a surgeons touch, rather than a butcher? Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Is there specific torque specs for spark plugs? I’m thinking of changing mine out this weekend as well.

Exactly what @snakebitten said. to a T
When installing new ones it’s all done with the extension, swivel, and my fingers as tight as I can possibly get it then I just put the wrench on for the last tiny little bit of extra umph

121 - 140 of 183 Posts