F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
617 Posts
Yanked the camper up lots of steep hills and around lots of sharp curves. Got in a race up a mountain with a chevy crewcab pulling a flatbed with 6 crossties on it. Must have been a 5.3 LOL Couldn't stay beside me and I know there was at least 6000 pounds attached to my hitch. These TT's are freakin towbeasts for sure. It loves the pure 93 octane. 10 mpg.

Reactions: SENDIT and SloDon

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Drove the shift out of the F150. Scout IIs power steering failed so I had to make due with the F150 amongst a group of JKs and JLs on 33's to 37's.

The truck did surprisingly well in the middle of this group considering I'm open/open on the diffs...

Only damage was lots of pinstriping and the left nerf bar took a good dent. (I hate them anyhow, only my wife wants them).

Was fun touring with these guys! Was surprised the truck could do what I put it through.

Not many of you on here would be willing to do it.

Don't forget I'm 4" BDS lift on 34's. Aired down to 18 lbs.
KO2s surprised me! Loved it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I would be willing to do it if I had some lift.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Drove the shift out of the F150. Scout IIs power steering failed so I had to make due with the F150 amongst a group of JKs and JLs on 33's to 37's.

The truck did surprisingly well in the middle of this group considering I'm open/open on the diffs...

Only damage was lots of pinstriping and the left nerf bar took a good dent. (I hate them anyhow, only my wife wants them).

Was fun touring with these guys! Was surprised the truck could do what I put it through.

Not many of you on here would be willing to do it.

Don't forget I'm 4" BDS lift on 34's. Aired down to 18 lbs.
KO2s surprised me! Loved it.

Nice! Cannot believe you did not opt for the forearm workout though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Im waiting for my oem running boards to rip off. I have dropped them a few times and one has a bow to it now.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Im waiting for my oem running boards to rip off. I have dropped them a few times and one has a bow to it now.
Speaking of, is Barricade a good brand ? I can get the extended stepboards for a really good price because nobody buys them. Would give me a step to clean cab top and rear window.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Nice! Cannot believe you did not opt for the forearm workout though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With a locked front diff it's near impossible to steer in 4Lo or 4Hi with no power steering.

Got a lunch box locker so can't unlock it lol.

The way those old steering boxes are the ratios are terrible if it isn't a manual box.

I'm going to put in ram assist and a steering cooler.

Reactions: Dworth

·
Super Modistrator
2,282 Posts
Changed out the spark plugs today. This is what they looked like.
You gotta know that the most important part of the spark plug to look at is the electrode, right? It looks like you’ve focused the picture on the Corona stain (rust colored) on the side of the porcelain, this is normal. You’ve kinda got the electrodes covered up. The rest of the plug looks fine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Asked the wife to help take some aluminum scrap down to get recycled. Tho the prices right now aren’t the greatest I have ran out of steel bins to fill.

She always loves driving the ecoboost but I’m not ready to trust her with the load in the back of the powerstroke yet.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Picked it up from the shop friday.. drove it home, parked it saturday, sunday go to hop in it for a sunday cruise.. battery is dead.. as in wont even unlock my doors, no mileage display in the dash dead. Wife was at work so had to wait for my stepdad to come over with his duramax to jump start it later in the day. Took it for a 40 minute cruise. Went back out 2 hours later started up like a champ.. let it sit over night.. wake up this morning.. dead again.. wont unlock doors... stole wife's truck to go to work (she doesn't work mondays).. Hoping a new battery is all i need, if not it will return to the shop for them to figure out WTF they did on their dime

·
Registered
617 Posts
How bout that 6.5' bed 👏🏼 Impressive 👍🏼

161 - 180 of 183 Posts